Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Whats your gameplan?

Go down 
+9
Indiana_buck_buster
Camoed Assassin
wacker
oregonzach
30pointbuck
Justintohunting
Robert
Bowhunter83
buckbuster217
13 posters
AuthorMessage
buckbuster217

Whats your gameplan? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 pm

I was wondering whay everyones plan was on filling the freezer this year, do you take a doe early on in the year to get it out of the way or do you wait till the end of the year to fill the freezer? I try to get my freezer meat out of the way as soon as possible and then concentrate on a nice buck the rest of the year.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 pm

I will watch cameras every year and determine if any bucks are coming out during the daylight hours or what not. Most recent info. If there is not any movement during the daytime i'll fill early, if bucks are moving early i'll hold out a week or two.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:05 am

To be honest I just see as I go. If I get a really good shot on a doe I'll take it but I wont take a long shot or anything. Bow hunting is quite and I've had deer come in fairly quick after taking a shot. It also depends on where I'm hunting as well. If I know I have a buck working the area then I may hold off too
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:40 pm

To be honest I just see as I go. If I get a really good shot on a doe I'll take it but I wont take a long shot or anything. Bow hunting is quite and I've had deer come in fairly quick after taking a shot

same here
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 pm

No big plan for me i hunt the same spot each year and always at least see or take deer from it.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm going to hold off on does until the end of the year or I fill my buck tag. Can't shoot a buck while I'm down trailing and gutting a doe!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:42 pm

I normally hold off on a doe till it cools down enough for it to hang a day or so. I butcher myself and don't like getting pressed for time.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 pm

First doe that walks by me every year is going to have an arrow flung at it.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 am

Camoed Assassin wrote:
First doe that walks by me every year is going to have an arrow flung at it.
X2
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I like to take does early,then hunt for a nice buck.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:35 pm

I've always waited in the past...not this year.... I'm gonna put one on the ground as early as I can

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Mark wrote:
I've always waited in the past...not this year.... I'm gonna put one on the ground as early as I can

Thats my plan too! get it out of the way and in the freezer, don't get me wrong, if old mossy horns is in the area I will hold off
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Too me it just depends on what the trailcams capture.
Back to top Go down
boneheadz

boneheadz

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 pm

ive always waited until pre-rut. but since im doing this self-filmed thing im going to try and catch some does on video with my bow early this year....then do what i always do, hunt as hard as i can during prime time, which is just right up to getting a divorce!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your gameplan?   Whats your gameplan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats your gameplan?
Page 1 of 1