Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Whats your superstition?

Go down 
+3
Robert
Indiana_buck_buster
buckbuster217
7 posters
AuthorMessage
buckbuster217

Whats your superstition? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 am

I have never met a deer hunter that did not have a superstition or a conditioned behavior because of a past experience, whats yours?
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:06 am

well you meet one right here. I dont do anything out of the ordinary before the shot or before i go hunting.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:04 am

I don't think I have any either. Been thinking about it but can't really come up with anything
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Nov 15 has been the day i have killed a deer for the past 4 years...

the only thing i have conditioned myself to is not to forget the toilet paper.. lol!

No, but i wont go on a hunt or step a foot in my hunting ground without some sort of scent killer/cover
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 pm

I don't have any.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:21 pm

I always thank the man upstairs for the oppurtunity and health to pursue my passions once up in my stand and when I'm getting ready to shoot I clip my release on my D-loop, unclip it and clip it on again, had a shot on a nice buck several years ago, clipped my release on started to draw and halfway back , TWANG!!!! the release came off and it got ugly from there.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:54 am

I wouldn't call it a superstition but as soon as I get in the stand and strapped to the tree I'll hang in the harness to ensure no slippage. Also every piece of gear I bring with me has it's place, like a certain pocket for wind checker, scents, range finder and so on. My day back is always on the right, top unzipped with water bottle ready to be pulled out and rattling antlers ready to be picked up. When the moment of opportunity comes I don't want to be fumbling around.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 am

I dont shave until i kill a deer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your superstition?   Whats your superstition? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats your superstition?
Page 1 of 1