Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Hunters Breakfast

Go down 
+5
30pointbuck
buckbuster217
wacker
Camoed Assassin
Bowhunter83
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Ok so i know that the hunting season is my worst time of year for me to eat. I'm just curious as to what everyone eats for their breakfast.
For example if i wake up in time i have some oatmeal or cereal. But normally it was stop by the 7-11 on my way out of town and grab a deal of mini doughnuts or actual doughnuts and a big gulp mt dew. I know it's amazingly healthy, and i would eat it 4 to 5 times a week.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Usually just a bunch of snacks and junk like that that I throw in my backpack and snack on all morning until I get out.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 am

Around home here I take a few snack bars with me, Cliff, granola or some of the wife's diet bars. Snickers makes a decent protien bar also. When out on a hunting trip I've been mixing up cereal, dried fruit and powered milk in a ziplock bag so all I need to do is add water and eat out of the bag.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 pm

wacker wrote:
Around home here I take a few snack bars with me, Cliff, granola or some of the wife's diet bars. Snickers makes a decent protien bar also. When out on a hunting trip I've been mixing up cereal, dried fruit and powered milk in a ziplock bag so all I need to do is add water and eat out of the bag.

the cereal thing is a great idea!!!!!!!!! gonna have to start doing this!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Granola bars, Snickers. Great idea wacker with the powdered milk and cereal in a bag. cheers
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:49 pm

i like the whole cereal idea with the powdered milk im gonna have to try that.. thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:25 am

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else. Id never of thought of the cereal in a bag trick.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:11 pm

A lot of folks who backpack it into the backcountry do it that way. If size is a premium you could vacuum seal it to. I like going a little heavy on the milk.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 pm

I usually eat a couple of eggs and some toast if I have time, if not I will wolf down some pop-tarts and a large glass of water ( great breakfast I know!) then throw some honey and oats bars in my backpack and a bottle of water or gatorade for a mid morning snack
Back to top Go down
fullrut

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 pm

I am usually in my tree 2 hours before daylight resulting in a diet pepsi/snickers tree breakfast. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

For me it's usually a baggie of dry cereal
Back to top Go down
boneheadz

boneheadz

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 am

I like your cereal idea.. How does it tast?
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

It's good. I buy some of my favorites like apple jacks or corn pops and just fill a baggie full and take it with me. If I'm hungry I'll eat some on the drive or I will wait till In in the stand and give it a go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hunters Breakfast Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunters Breakfast   Hunters Breakfast Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunters Breakfast
Page 1 of 1