Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Worst hunting experience.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Worst hunting experience. Empty
PostSubject: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 pm

What has been your worst hunting experience ever?
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:09 pm

My worse hunting experience was about 20 yrs ago my brother and i went out to western KS, on an unguided Pheasant hunt, the temp that morn was about 35 deg, and partly sunny. About an hr and a half into it the weather turned misty and temps dropping we only wore uninsulated boots and no cold weather gear (cloths) we were about 2 1/2 milea from the truck, and like idits we kept on hunting the mist then turned to sleet, walking through crp we were bogged down by the time we got back to the truck we were froze our cloths were cracklin from ice that collected on them. Never did that again. Now i carry all my warm and cold weather gear in my truck come hunting seas. The weather here in ks can change at the drop of a hat.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Mine is when i was hunting Gun season here in Oklahoma in 2005, i shot the but you see in my avatar. A 124 in buck. Well shot this deer right after legal light. Well my cousin was at the other end of the farm and i didn't want to interupt his hunt so i went back into Arnett for a quick breakfast and check the deer in. Well went back out and he was leaving, well we talked and i was gonna be out latter that night to fill my doe tag. well needless to say going back to town again proved pretty bad, it poured rain for about all of 1 minute just enough to get the roads slick, I was pulling up the stop sign leading into town and next thing I know i'm slidding like im on ice. I slid 120 ft through one lane of traffic and lucky the bed of a low boy semi stopped me. I bounced back all the way across the intersection to the curb. I broke 3 ribs, my nose, had the nice seat belt bruise all the way across my chest. I then realized just how close i had come to death. 2 seconds earlier i'd be in front of the semi, 10 feet forward i'd be in the reserve gas tank, 15 feet back i'd be in the tires. The cop showed up and took info yada yada yada, well then he saw the buck in the back of my truck and said"this is the first time i've seen anything like this." ANd proceeded to add a couple of pics of the buck to the report. Well my farm is almost 3 hours away, had to wait at my uncles house who luckily lived in Arnett came and brought me to his house. Waited the few hours till my parents got there to take me home. Worst day ever.
here are some pics.
Worst hunting experience. Tuck2
Worst hunting experience. Truck
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 am

Good thing you are still alive. My story could have been very bad for my father if I wasn't hunting with him. We were hunting about 300 yards apart (we tell each other pretty close to where we are going to be at, he has a certain tree he likes to climb so i knew exactly where he was) and not seen anything all afternoon. He called on our walkies and said he was getting down at such in such time. I said ok. Well about 5 mins before such and such time I decided to climb down to meet him at our meeting spot. The only reason I got down early was that I had to cross a large ravine. So I get down and cross the ravine and get to our spot and put my climber on the ground to wait for my pops to get there. Next thing I know he is screaming for me at the top of his lungs for me. It still sends chills down my spine thinking about this. I dropped my gun and took off running like a man man. The land owner logs the area do I had a nice path to run down. So I'm trucking down this path like no other, adrenaline pumping through my veins, I think I could have ran down a deer I was running so fast. When I get close enough to see him he is like 15 feet in the air hanging on to the top of his stand with one arm and the bottom part of the stand is attached to one foot with the back cable flopping around. He was not wearing a safety harness. He was trying his hardest to kick the bottom part off. When I got to the tree I yelled at him to grab the top with both hands so I could jump and pull the bottom part off. I managed to get it off and he managed to still hang on. He told me to move so he could bear hug the tree and slide down. Bad idea I yelled because there were a bunch of broke limbs and a log at the base of the tree. So I raise my arms up and could barely touch his boots. I told him to let go and not buckle his knees. So he let go and I was holding him (about 175lbs) over my head like I was doing a shoulder press. He hugged the tree and I dropped his feet down to my shoulders and squatted him the rest of the way down. After he was down in the ground we both sat there and didn't say a word for what seeming like minutes but must have been only 15-30 seconds. The first words came out of his mouth was Damn my top is still up there and don't tell your mother. So I walked back and got my stand climbed up the tree and got his stand. After looking at the bottom of his stand (early summit viper) the cable locking device slide over to the side allowing the cable to pop out. He fixed it with a hole and cotter pin. So from that day on we always wear a safety harness.
Back to top Go down
boneheadz

boneheadz

PostSubject: Re: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:07 am

Dang guys! Very scary stories
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 am

I've had a couple for sure but none that were dangerous. I had a three day turkey hunt where it rained so hard each day and I never saw a bird plus I sit in the pouring down rain each day. Had a deer hunt in Mid October that was 92 to 96 degree's each day of the hunt and that stunk too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst hunting experience.   Worst hunting experience. Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst hunting experience.
Page 1 of 1