Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Went scouting last night

Go down 
+2
Justintohunting
kkleve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kkleve

kkleve

Went scouting last night Empty
PostSubject: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:36 am

Went out last night and found my spot for opening day, found some good sign of the back of a small bean field with a watering area protected by heavy cover in some small valleys on one end of a property i have access too, Hoping to use a blind
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:27 pm

good luck on opening day.. rendeer
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 am

thank, you to. Im hopin to atleast smoke a big doe i want to try out my new arrows and heads
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:26 pm

what arrows and heads you got this year
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 pm

Victory Vforce HV 1s, i love them they are the best shooting arrow that i have shot,
and i havent desided on heads yet but most likely rage 2 blade
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:11 pm

have you checked out the NAP bloodrunners.. I wanted to use rage but heard some many different stories about them.. I figured the NAP has to work it cuts either way..im not bashing rage heads because i havent used them so have no experience with them.. One of our prostaffers has on their signature that says There are no bad broadheads , just bad shot placement, and that is true.. Let me know how they preform for you..
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 pm

I will, i have been looking into bloodrunners as well, i might try both, because i shot strykers last year and hated them two perfect shots on 2 deer neither one left a blood trail that was worth anything the 2nd deer was shot at 50 yards and went down within 50 yards the only reason i found the 2nd deer was because of snow and i watched her go down, both heads were completely mangled and both were complete pass throughs, didnt find the 1st doe, she got bumped by a group of workers that went through while i was hunting.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:57 pm

that sucks ... no worse feeling than knowing you hit a deer and couldnt find it..We have all done it.. Last year i shot at a doe and thought i made perfect hit.. Hair all over my muzzy but no blood..I figured it was because it was lightly raining NEver found it.. I was sick for a few days until my fatherlaw went out and hunted the same treestand.. he came back and said a doe had come in to salt block with a flesh wound across her back.. Said the deer was ok , nothing vital, just grazed enough to cut flesh.. Must`ve htought she got stung..I know it was the one i shot at because i knew she ducked when i shot but i thought it still looked good.. looking back I never heard the Thwack you hear when it hits good..
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

I hate not finding deer its a terrible feeling, a few years ago when i was shooting a PSE Carerra i had a 140 clas deer jump the string and hit him low and never did find him
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:53 pm

kkleve wrote:
Went out last night and found my spot for opening day, found some good sign of the back of a small bean field with a watering area protected by heavy cover in some small valleys on one end of a property i have access too, Hoping to use a blind

Good to hear you have a spot picked out. I still have no idea where I'm heading for the first day.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm

good luck opening morning, hope your spot works out for ya!
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:51 pm

Good luck opening day. I think I found my spit too but I'll see what the camera produces. I mixed vege oil and vanilla in a baggy with some cotton balls and wiped the cotton balls to and from a trail that my camera is watching. I put the cotton balls on a stump. I heard deer like vanilla.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 am

thank you, and good luck to all of you as well. My friend saw a buck in one of the hay fields i hunt this morning, i havent heard how big it was yet, but going by the normal for that property it should be a big one. had 5 or 6 different shooters running it last falll noone around that property got one that i know of and nobody brought the big one in to any check stations. I had 2 encounters with a 200" class deer there last fall. So hopin to see it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Went scouting last night   Went scouting last night Empty

Back to top Go down

Went scouting last night
Page 1 of 1