Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Good weekend of scouting.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MOOSE

MOOSE

Good weekend of scouting. Empty
PostSubject: Good weekend of scouting.   Good weekend of scouting. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Well I just got back from a nice Easter weekend at home with my family and I got in a lot of quality Turkey scouting. On Thursday my Dad called me while he was watching 2 strutters on the land next to my neighbors. So I called my neighbor up the next day to see if he wanted to scout a little bit over on his land which I have permission to hunt on. Right on his property line in the woods we spotted 2 hens, and could hear another bird close by but didn't want to move around too much and spook it. We got really close to them, not sure how we didn't get busted. Right after that I went down to the public land I'll be hunting a lot and spotted some good tracks.

Unfortunatley as I was following the tracks I look up and see a nice longbeard running down the field abotu 150 yards away that I must have spooked. As I was leaving, right across the road I see a strutter and a hen on somebody's public land.

On the way to church this morning there was 6 or 7 birds on my neighbors land again. When I was loading up my stuff to get ready to head back to school I could hear a hen cuttin and yelpin away somewhere in my field.

I have not had a lot of luck with turkeys at all in the past, but I have been doing my homework and this weekend really built my confidence up in being able to get on some birds during season.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend of scouting.   Good weekend of scouting. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Good work Moose. Thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend of scouting.   Good weekend of scouting. EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Good Deal, sounds like you have a good idea where to go the first morning out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good weekend of scouting.   Good weekend of scouting. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good weekend of scouting.
Page 1 of 1