Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

HD camcorder vs SD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim

HD camcorder vs SD Empty
PostSubject: HD camcorder vs SD   HD camcorder vs SD EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:37 pm

I think a lot of people looking for camcorders out there dont understand everthing they need to know.
Ive seen the comments on HD and what you need to remember is you can own an HD camcorder and shoot in SD. Thats what I am currently doing.
The industry is moving toward Blue Ray on everything. Just like HD TV's there will be a day you cant buy a regular CD player.
Why pay money for something that will become outdated.
It goes back to what can I play the DVD that I produce on.
Currently I have a Sony HD and shoot in SD, that allows me to play back onany regular CD player.
If you shoot in HD right now your only option to watch is a Blue Ray player or a playstation 3. After all we shoot to share. Just some comments that may help someone searching.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

HD camcorder vs SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD camcorder vs SD   HD camcorder vs SD EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Tim wrote:

If you shoot in HD right now your only option to watch is a Blue Ray player or a playstation 3.

I am not sure this is true. I could be wrong but I believe you can burn a standard DVD with your HD footage using some sort of DVD burning software. For my HD footage I use iMovie08. Works just fine for me. But by doing this obviously it is no longer HD quality unless you watch them on HD compatible equipment. However, the draw back about HD footage that comes into play is the file sizes. HD footage files a gigantic. If you decided to burn HD footage on standard DVD's, they will only hold about 20 minutes of HD film.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

HD camcorder vs SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD camcorder vs SD   HD camcorder vs SD EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:06 am

JOe what's happening is your software is converting it down to digital for you. Most of them wont do that though so if you record in HD then you are stuck with it in HD. Even in the conversion process you will actually loose a little. It's never the same as if you would have just recorded in a standard digital format.
HD is awesome and I have a blu ray player but I still don't use HD tapes. THe files are to large and currently still to hard to work with on most computer.
Now that I thik about it Joe I'm thinking yours makes the transition in the upload process. You said you don't have any issues with the editing and I'm guessing that's because it takes it out of HD on the upload. 30 minutes of HD footage is about like 2 hours of regular footage. The file is huge and slow. Just my thoughts on it but I'm guessing it converts it in the upload.

I'm guessing we are still maybe two years or so away from hunting dvd's coming out in HD. Not enough of the Blu Ray players are out there yet and they don't play on regular DVD units.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

HD camcorder vs SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD camcorder vs SD   HD camcorder vs SD EmptyThu May 21, 2009 1:13 pm

Good topic Tim... Robert knows his stuff when it comes to videoing and editing. I am just a little grasshopper at this pint, so I am not going to pretend like I have advice/info to give.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HD camcorder vs SD Empty
PostSubject: Re: HD camcorder vs SD   HD camcorder vs SD Empty

Back to top Go down

HD camcorder vs SD
Page 1 of 1