Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

What kind of camcorder do you use?

Go down 
+6
Adam
Mark
Mike
Robert
Joe
Corey
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey

Corey

What kind of camcorder do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 12:41 pm

For those of you that enjoy filming your hunts what type of camcorders do you use. I personally am in the process of buying a new Canon GL2. I thought about going HD but I think Mike has managed to talk me out of it for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 pm

I went HD all the way. Sonny SR-11 for me....love it. The picture quality is second to none and to very easy to use. I LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:25 pm

I have a Canon HV30. It's 1080P HD and tape. I love the tapes
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Canon GL 1 and a GL2

I love the look an HD camera captures, but man....I hate trying to edit the footage because the file sizes are so huge! Unless you max out on memory space into a terabyte or more, you can't upload more than 5 minutes of HD footage.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:53 pm

The HD file sizes are big but I have no problem editing them. I use a Mac so i edit my footage with iMovie and it could not be easier.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Some pics of my SR-11

What kind of camcorder do you use? PA150039
What kind of camcorder do you use? PA150041
What kind of camcorder do you use? PA150042
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:03 pm

I saw a 1 TB external Hard Drive at Sam's Club for $119.00...... pretty good deal

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Nice camcorder Joe! Surely somebody else has pictures of their setup too
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:48 pm

I will take some pics of mine and put it up on here as soon as we get settled in our apartment in Texas. You guys will like the look I gave it.
Back to top Go down
Tim

PostSubject: Sony SR-45   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Just bought it Friday. 400.00$ I bought the 4GB card for it. The thing is you can buy another if your on a hunting trip and switch cards. Once you figure it out its easy. I just videoed both my sons killing turkeys with it. You can actually set you tripod between your legs and watch the lcd screen and film by youself. Better though if your just filming because you can zoom in. Seems to work well and is so compact. I just put camo tape where the silver was and camoed the tripod and it works.
It has night vision that works in low light also. Looks just like the one in the picture above. Easy to burn to DVD. I did today and a 30 minute hunt takes about 5minutes.
Once you get it on DVD your done and my kids love to watch themselves on a hunt. Looks just like a video I see on these hunting channels. The HD i think makes a big difference. I slowed my DVD to slow mo and watched my son rock a turkeys head this morning. Youll spend 550 getting set up. They make less expensive ones no doubt, but its kind of like a scope or binoculars- you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Glad your happy with your set-up, Tim. It sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:59 pm

My main camera is a 3ccd Pansonic mini DV it takes phenominal footage
Back to top Go down
seindhunter

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:33 pm

I have a Sony 3ccd PD-170 I love it
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? EmptyMon May 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Here is a pic of my Panasonic... Not the best camera in the world but it is good for me just starting out. It records to mini DVD's. Put the no-mar camo tape on it myself

What kind of camcorder do you use? Camcorder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of camcorder do you use?   What kind of camcorder do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of camcorder do you use?
Page 1 of 1