Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)

Go down 
+9
Darius
Dave
Mark
mibigbuckhunter
littleslink
mathewsguy
Mike
Robert
Joe
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) Empty
PostSubject: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Well today was an eventful day. Around 1:30 the guy who was working fishing went to lunch. Well a guy needed help in fishing so I make my way over that way. What he needed was a lure tied on to his line, (No need to say it, I know. I thought the same when he told me that). Well he asked my what my favorite bait was for bass and crappie. I went and picked out a Skeeter Pop for him. He said he was going to buy it and wanted me to tie it on his line, so I did. Once it was tied on I was double checking everything to make sure it was right. About that time the pole falls off the counter and crashes to the ground, yanking the string and making the hook sink deep into my left hand ring finger. Felt fantastic. I looked at the guy and said sorry man but I gotta cut the line and go pull this out of my finger. Well that didn't work. It wouldn't budge. The store manager made me go to ER to get it out. Well long story short, my finger is numb and bandaged up. Fun day lol

Last edited by Joe on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:19 pm

I wanted to ask why but then I decided I didn't know why he wanted it tied on. Glad you are okay
Back to top Go down
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Dang Joe! You better stay in the archery department from now on.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 7:25 pm

wow that stinks man hope the finger feels better
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Ouch... Now you konw what a fish feels like every time you set a hook. Sounds like it's much more fun being the fishermen instead of the fish, except when you catch yourself...
Back to top Go down
mibigbuckhunter

mibigbuckhunter

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm

OUCH ! I did that once before and it isn't fun.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:26 pm

so I guess it was tied on good??? What a Face

sorry bout your luck.....and you want to police to give you a gun??? Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) Rod

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 9:47 pm

Geeeesh... sorry to hear that. Did you type the post in with one hand? Hope it heels fast!
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Oh man, sorry to hear that, thats no good at all. I 've had something similar like that happen to me and it sure don't feel good. Hope it gets better quickly
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptySun May 31, 2009 11:06 pm

Next time you will just tell him to do it his dang self!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:10 am

Mike wrote:
Dang Joe! You better stay in the archery department from now on.

Man you said it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:17 am

Here is some pics.... the nurses thought it was sweet of me to make sure the hook looked pretty with all the shinny line and all. Told them I thought they would like it more than just a normal hook. hahaha.

Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) SkeeterPOP-1
Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) SkeeterPOP
Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) SkeeterPOP2
Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) SkeeterPOP3
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:29 am

Dang man that had to hurt, glad it wasnt any worse than it was.

I woulda grabed a hook sharpener and filed the barb off and pulled it out Cool
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:28 am

TheRomer wrote:

I woulda grabed a hook sharpener and filed the barb off and pulled it out Cool

That pic was after the DR. twisted the hooked and shoved the sharp end of the hook through the other end of my finger. Was all down hill after that.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:36 am

OUCH!!!!!

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:57 am

Dang, that looks like it felt like a million bucks!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:12 pm

So did they make you pay for the lure?
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Haha no. I did buy one once I got back to work and went fishing with it yesterday evening. Fish love them, but I can tell ya this the next fish that grabs it I am gonna take a little frustration out on him. Gonna cross his eyes lol
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Did you make the guy whose line you were tying it on at least become a member of the site, since you had to go through all that trouble? I'll be looking for his Indian name under the Member Introductions section... Hook in Finger Causer Smile
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Joe wrote:
Haha no. I did buy one once I got back to work and went fishing with it yesterday evening. Fish love them, but I can tell ya this the next fish that grabs it I am gonna take a little frustration out on him. Gonna cross his eyes lol

LOL thats funny but i dont blame you a bit id do the same thing
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 pm

that had to hurt my finger hurts just looking at it.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Dang, those pics just make me cringe. dang....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)   Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Skeeter Pop + Finger = a trip to the ER (Updated with PICS)
Page 1 of 1