Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Off to hang a stand

Go down 
+5
Mark
TheRomer
mathewsguy
Camoed Assassin
Dave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Off to hang a stand Empty
PostSubject: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 6:55 pm

Leaving in a minute to hang my first stand ever. Always have hunted out of a climber before but I thought I would switch it up for when I needed to get set up quietly and when I am in a hurry. Hopefully it goes well!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Love the lock ons, way more conveinent and quiet. I haven't taken my climber out in years.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 pm

good luck buddy make sure you take your safety harness with you
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Be safe dave they can be tricky sometimes the first time you hang one. but well worth it being able to slip in a hurry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:23 pm

yes always wear a safety harness.....

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:17 am

You will love it once you hunt it a few times,Like camoed said,i haven't used a climber in YEARS
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:38 am

I would say your gonna love hunting from a hang-on. It is a lot quicker and quieter when you need to get in in a hurry. Make sure of the safety harness too ya never can be to safe.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:18 am

Well, hanging the stand was a success! cheers It went really well and yes of course I wore my safety harness, the linemans belt sure helped. Thanks to my buddy Jack for his assistance. He was a big help in making sure I was doing things right. He also did a drean job of clearing a path to the treestand. Hopefully, I am able to take a deer from it.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 am

congrats buddy im sure you will get to see some action from the stand.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Congrats on hanging your first stand.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Sounds good Dave, hope it pays off for ya
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Way to go Dave. They can be tricky sometimes. A linemans belt is definately key, but never put all your trust in it. I always try to stay as balanced as possible when hanging those things just in case the lineman belt happens to snap.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Adam wrote:
Way to go Dave. They can be tricky sometimes. A linemans belt is definately key, but never put all your trust in it. I always try to stay as balanced as possible when hanging those things just in case the lineman belt happens to snap.

Thanks for the advice... Adam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to hang a stand   Off to hang a stand Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to hang a stand
Page 1 of 1