Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Bore sighter pros and cons

Go down 
+6
SCHunter
Corey
Dave
Joe
mathewsguy
Theking1084
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Theking1084

Theking1084

Bore sighter pros and cons Empty
PostSubject: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:50 pm

Growing up in a medical family i was a self taught hunter. Dad loved the idea but could never break away from work. I am 24 and just starting to feel comfortable about my knowledge in hunting the only thing is i have nowhere in the city that allows you to sight your gun for free. i do have land in brown county but that is only a weekend drive. i have looked at several bore site kits and i just wanted to hear any pros and cons anyone might have or any recommendations on what brand to use. thanks
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm

I cannot think of the name of the sight kit I have used but they do help out a lot as far as getting started. I usually bore sight mine but then also go and shoot to put the finishing touches on it. Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Yeah... Bore sighting in is a good start, but you always want to paper shoot to make sure everything is hitting where you want it because different loads and bullets will fly a little different.
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Good to have you on the site. Hope the guys advice helps you out.
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Unfortunately like everyone else says boresighting is really just good enough to get you on paper at 50 yards but not on target. You can luck up once in a blue moon and it will be close to perfect but it can be several inches off which can really be bad for your game. It would be awful to wound the animal because it wasn't sighted on paper. I wouldn't put a lot of credence in hunting a boresighted gun. Thats just my 2 cents and believe me I understand the pain of not having a place to go sight in your rifle.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Heland welcome......where you from??

I always bore sight to start with......then you can shoot to finish sighting in

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Dave wrote:
Yeah... Bore sighting in is a good start, but you always want to paper shoot to make sure everything is hitting where you want it because different loads and bullets will fly a little different.

X2 bore sighting will ( should ) get you close but you still have to dial it in on a range. Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:41 pm

A big yes on bore sighting. If you have a local shop you go to some of them will do it for next to nothing or you can buy a kit. Either will get you close
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:26 am

Welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bore sighter pros and cons   Bore sighter pros and cons Empty

Back to top Go down

Bore sighter pros and cons
Page 1 of 1