Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Bizzaro World????

Go down 
+12
volway
Dream Catcher
Robert
oregonzach
MRA
Camoed Assassin
Dave
The Guide
Joe
mathewsguy
TheRomer
Mike
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm

I think this is going to be a weird season to go along with a weird summer! The acorns are dropping, the leaves are starting to turn, the Walnut and Hickory leaves are already falling....and we found rubs yesterday you're not supposed to find until mid to late October!?!?!?! We're not talking "velvet rubs" we're talking full blown territorial rubs, at least 20 of them in a 30 yard vicinity and these cedar trees were turned inside out! We saw a doe yesterday too that has already lost her summer coat and was completely gray. I don't know if it was the mild July and August we had, but I think the deer have moved their clocks forward by about a month!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:50 pm

yeah same thing here things seem to be moveing to far ahead of time, makes ya wonder if we are going to have a bad winter.

May be hunting the rut with our bows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I would love to have a early rut this year that would be great.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Def feels like fall.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Yeah same here in MD. Sure has been a cool summer. Look out this winter.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Well said... I hear you on every level.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 pm

mathewsguy wrote:
I would love to have a early rut this year that would be great.

As long as it doesnt start early in Iowa I'm down with an early rut. I've been seeing some leaves falling too and thought it was a bit early.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:34 pm

According to the rut moon phase its going to be early this year, Im not gonna complain
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Yeah it is weird, leaves were changing color here when it was still August! But the best part is the corn is already coming out in some areas, and once the corn is out the deer will come back to the woods!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm

On my way home from Kentucky I even saw several corn fields being taken out. That's usually 6 or 7 weeks away
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:12 am

The weather here in Tulsa has been so strange all summer. Its been cool and rainy which is not ordinary for September. Just hope we dont end up with a hot and dry October. Should be interesting early on..

>>------>
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:33 am

Yeah most of the deer we are seeing in Ky have already lost their summer coats.If not they are in the process of losing them.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:11 pm

That is very odd, I'd be just fine with an early rut though. And Mike did you know we can take 3 bucks here in MO this year? Two archery and one gun?
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:16 pm

PSE32 wrote:
That is very odd, I'd be just fine with an early rut though. And Mike did you know we can take 3 bucks here in MO this year? Two archery and one gun?

In MD we can kill 2 bucks per season 2 bow 2 muzz 2 gun, and 10 does per season. 6 bucks and 30 does per year. MD DNR doesn't like deer. How many does can you guys pop a year?
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
PSE32 wrote:

In MD we can kill 2 bucks per season 2 bow 2 muzz 2 gun, and 10 does per season. 6 bucks and 30 does per year. MD DNR doesn't like deer. How many does can you guys pop a year?

As many tags as you can afford lol. I'm pretty sure its unlimited does.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:32 pm

PSE32 It used to be unlimited does here to but they found some areas were getting to many harvest while others weren't so they limited it to 30 per year. But all you have to buy is a liscense, no extra doe tags, but it does cost $5 for each extra buck tag.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Leaves were falling tonight every time the wind blew like it was mid October or something.
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 1:48 am

If we do have a bad winter then all that hard work in putting food plots in will pay off big time. Antler King and Corn should attract a lot of deer to my farm since there is nothing like that for miles. I don't care if the rut is early I just want it to be cold enough to get them on their feet during the day and not chase all night long. We'll see what happens but as soon as you think you got it figured it will turn right around on ya.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:23 am

I believe our doe limit is 25 unless they changed it. I'm looking forward to trying to max out this year! LOL
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:29 pm

I dont have a problem with that at all.
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 pm

lol I hope you have a couple extra freezers Mike
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Early Season= time to fill the freezer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bizzaro World???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bizzaro World????   Bizzaro World???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bizzaro World????
Page 1 of 1