Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Scent Blocker Question?

Go down 
+8
Corey
Dave
Joe
Dream Catcher
Camoed Assassin
volway
The Guide
bonehunters
12 posters
AuthorMessage
bonehunters

bonehunters

Scent Blocker Question? Empty
PostSubject: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:05 pm

I just bought a RoadTrips set off ebay, The guy used it once and the set was a little tight on him so he ebayed it. Question number 1. Does this stuff really work and how do I care for it. Question 2. How do I reactive the carbon. Thanks BH
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:45 pm

YES. All of there suits are awesome. I have some that are 5 or 6 maybe even 7 years old and not rips or tears. They make some awesome products. I have killed deer that has came in down wind but I have also been busted plenty of times. The way I see it is if you get away with it 1 out of 10 times that is better than none. Heck it maybe that bruiser you have been hunting all year. As far taking care of it step one is to wash it as soon as you get in scent free detergent. Step two if you can line dry it that is best but if not use the drier with out any scented drier sheets. Then every time you plan to hunt throw it in the drier again with out any scented drier sheet for about 30 min. Take them out put them on and spray down and go hunting. The only time I wash them agian is if I killed a deer and there is blood on them or It was hot as heck and I could not stop sweating. You will love there products the first time you get away with it. Just remember it does not work every time, the key is to make the deer think that you are farther away than you really are. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:25 pm

The guide hit it on the head pretty much.Only thing I suggest is you don't have to put it in the drier everytime if you have a storage bag for it.But I know that during the early bow season it's kinda warm and you get to sweating.Another thing don't put it on until right before you head in the woods,Keep it sealed,I don't put my jacket on until after I'm in the stand,I will sit there and cool off for a few minutes and then put it on,And spray down again. I hate seeing people go out and spend their hard earned money on these suits,Wake up put them on and get in their vehicle? Then ask why don't they work? Good luck to ya,If you treat them right they will treat you right. BE SAFE
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:55 pm

It is GOOD but you have to use total scent control. Head, hands, boots all your gear, everything. Cant just throw on a scent blocker jacket and think your good to go. But if you make the effort to eliminate as much scent as possible by spraying everything down, storing everything in scent tight bags, showering before every hunt, still hunt the wind and all the little things you will see a big difference. I even make sure i dry off after a shower with a towel that was washed in my scent free detergent. It can be a pain but you will see a difference.
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm

I agree with CA 100%. Its a lot of work, but since I have stepped up my scent control game, including wearing scent control clothing, and just ooverall care,,,rubber boots, rubber scent containers for your clothes buy em at Wal Mart, and do not forget.....YOUR BREATH.....

Most will get busted because of their breath and never realize it. Yo are better to chew gum with a fresh mint scent then to go out with stank butt breath.. It amazes me how people will disregard that aspect of scent control..

So wash up, lock up, rubber up, brush up and floss up...

Thats the Dream Catcher Outdoors "Tip of the Week"

(Brought to you by Smossy Moak Camo....Disapear!)
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Ya forgot to mention stank breath. We need to get you your own forum for those tips of the week, I like it. Never heard of your sponsor though, they got a website?
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:15 am

[quote="Camoed Assassin"]Ya forgot to mention stank breath. We need to get you your own forum for those tips of the week, I like it. Never heard of your sponsor though, they got a website?[/quote
Like it!
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks for all the tips guys, I have always washed my non carbon hunting gear in unscented wash soap and line dried it and put it in a scent lok bag and I never put my clothes on until I was out of my truck ready to walk to stand. So from what I hear on WA and what I do already this scent blocker stuff should really work for me. Thanks BH
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:16 am

Good luck buddy, shoot straight.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 am

Sounds like your ready to go. Good luck this season.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:21 am

It works as long as you take the proper steps before hand. You have gotten a lot of great advice.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

Good luck to you... I like to eat an apple right before I go out so I can have Apple breath. The deer like that best...
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Dave wrote:
Good luck to you... I like to eat an apple right before I go out so I can have Apple breath. The deer like that best...

scratch I just dont know what to say about this.^^^^^ I guess i will just keep my mouth shut just like the old saying would tell me to do.
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:26 pm

some great advice there. I hear a lot of skeptics of the scent blocker/scent lok brands saying that it dont totally eliminate your scent. The way I look at it is that if it helps some, then it helps!!!! I will be geared up in my scent blocker this season!!!
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Apple Breath?

I think you need to change your handle!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:15 am

Dave wrote:

Does the color of apple matter??? lol!

Last edited by Joe on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 am

Corey wrote:
Dave wrote:

scratch I just dont know what to say about this.^^^^^ I guess i will just keep my mouth shut just like the old saying would tell me to do.

Are you hunting or rutting? Just wondering...
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:53 pm

MOOSE wrote:
some great advice there. I hear a lot of skeptics of the scent blocker/scent lok brands saying that it dont totally eliminate your scent. The way I look at it is that if it helps some, then it helps!!!! I will be geared up in my scent blocker this season!!!

These are the same guys that don't shower before every hunt, spray down before every hunt and you still have to hunt smart and try and stay down wind of them. There is nothing in this world that will totaly eliminate the human odor(at least not right now). But like you said if you can gain an edge at all it is better than nothing. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Camel

Camel

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Did you know that household dryers don't generate enough heat to actually reactivate the carbon?The heat needed to reactivate the carbon would actually melt the fabric that the SB clothes are made from.I think there was a bunch of law suits against SB and SL about this.Anyone know anything about this?I've read some of the suits and articles about it and I must say I am a bit skepticle about the carbon suits now.I'll still wear my SB suit and spray down but as usual play the wind.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Camel wrote:
Did you know that household dryers don't generate enough heat to actually reactivate the carbon?The heat needed to reactivate the carbon would actually melt the fabric that the SB clothes are made from.I think there was a bunch of law suits against SB and SL about this.Anyone know anything about this?I've read some of the suits and articles about it and I must say I am a bit skepticle about the carbon suits now.I'll still wear my SB suit and spray down but as usual play the wind.

Haven't heard anything about it. I know everytime something new comes out there are allways going to be people who start a bunch of BS about it. You have to do you own research and don't believe 80% of what you see on the internet. I believe it works and helps alot but thats my opinion and I wear it religously but like it's been said before you still need to take all the other precautions to eliminate as much scent as possible before you even put scent eliminating clothing on.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Camel wrote:

Haven't heard anything about it. I know everytime something new comes out there are allways going to be people who start a bunch of BS about it. You have to do you own research and don't believe 80% of what you see on the internet. I believe it works and helps alot but thats my opinion and I wear it religously but like it's been said before you still need to take all the other precautions to eliminate as much scent as possible before you even put scent eliminating clothing on.

Right on CA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scent Blocker Question?   Scent Blocker Question? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scent Blocker Question?
Page 1 of 1