Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Best shotgun set up

Go down 
+2
Dave
Crimedog40
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Crimedog40

Best shotgun set up Empty
PostSubject: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:15 pm

What would you guys recommend if a guy was to go out and buy a whole new shotgun set up for deer season.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:19 pm

I got a rifled barrel Mossberg 500 with a Nikon Slughunter Scope (has the balistic marks for shots out to 200 yards).

I know a lot of people like the H&R single shot heavy barrel slug guns for deer hunting, so I would say one of these with the Slughunter Scope.
Back to top Go down
Crimedog40

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:28 pm

i prolly need more than one shot
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Crimedog40 wrote:
i prolly need more than one shot

If you put it in the right spot one shot will drop em in their tracks... The buck I shot this year never even took one step. One shot was all it took.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I am a true believer in a ML. One well placed shot is all you need.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 am

Joe wrote:
I am a true believer in a ML. One well placed shot is all you need.

I agree with Joe. We use our ML during our shotgun season just so we can reach out there a little farther.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Well since you said best, the tarhunt shotgun is what you want handsdown. Its basically a bolt action rifle with a barrel that is bored for a shotgun slug. But if you don't want to sell a kidney, I like the marlin and savage bolt shotguns, and the heavy barrel H&R are accurate all out of proportion to their price. If you aren't going to be hunting long range, its hard to beat an 1100, the semi auto takes a bite out of the recoil also. As far as scopes, I'd rather have a leupold rifleman than many scopes costing twice the price. For $200 you get the classic gold ring built for a shotgun. there's my 2cents!
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 4:54 pm

I have the Marlin bolt action SlugMaster...I love it!With my 3" Lightfields it's good for a good 125 yards...Now,after taking my biggest buck to date this past weekend with a ML (TC ENCORE) at 130+ yards and dropping him in his tracks,I may be using a ML more than my slug gun...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best shotgun set up   Best shotgun set up Empty

Back to top Go down

Best shotgun set up
Page 1 of 1