Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Traditional archery.

Go down 
+2
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
30pointbuck

Traditional archery. Empty
PostSubject: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Well today everybody i took the plunge, and bought a Browning Recurve bow, I have always had a passion for traditional archery, so now im going to give it a shot. Ordered it today. i'll post some picts. as soon as it arrives. cheers
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Sweet, it's challenging but it is a lot of fun. I need to start shooting mine again and hope to get back into form for our late season archery season. I'll probablly break it out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah i can't wait to get mine. I may lay the compound down for awhile and learn to shoot the recurve. Im really excited about it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm

I've been toying around with my longbow for a few years now and all I can say is practice practice practice. The more i shoot the tighter my groups get, but if I don't shoot it's back to square one. Good luck with it and have fun.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Congrats on the new toy,cant wait to see some pics of it
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:30 pm

I can't wait to get it. bounce geek
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Congrats.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Thank's joe, it should be here next week hoping. It's used, but i got an awesome deal on it.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 pm

I'll be shooting mine tomorrow trying to get back in form so I can finish out the season with it. I will have a month to get it done and without having put a buck on the ground yet this season any old doe with my longbow will more than fill that void.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Yes sir: That's my goal. Im going to put the compound down this spring, and just focus on learning to shoot the recurve. Once i grt it down,my goal is to hunt with it.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:18 am

Good luck with it, you'll have a blast just don't take it to seriously it can get frustrating.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:25 am

Yeah that's what everyone is saying. I have the want to, i want to learn it. That is my goal
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:35 am

It's all about form and concentration. I find when I shoot by myself I shoot a hole lot better. No one to talk to and loose my concentration.I have to talk myself through the steps in my head. Once I get better hopefully form will become second nature and it will just come naturally kind of like it does with the compound.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:40 am

I will just fling arrows to have fun and work on the fundamentals as i go. But i will learn it. Just wish i would have started earlier in life, like with the compound.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Anybody know or would you recommend, cedar shafts,or alum. for starting out. Or how much does it really matter.? mabey price wise. I will not use it for hunting untill im 100% confident of a good clean kill. I deffinetly do not want to hurt an animal, because of, a lack of skill. Im not going to rush it.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:35 pm

I started with cedar shafts and we even made a few of our own shafts from different kinds of wood . Then switched to carbon shafts. They hold up alot better than the cedar or alum shafts. I will however go back to cedar shafts when i ruin or loose all of the carbons I have.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Is there any advantage with cedar shafts, vs. carbon or alum. I know carbon last longer,but what about cedar and alum. Alum will eventually loose it's straightness.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Cedar breaks and can warp. You can straighten them back out, but I'v had problems with the practice tips and knocks coming off to. But they do add something to the whole traditional thing. Like I said I will go back to them and eventually go to arows I make myself. Widdling arrows down by hand is time consuming but it would be really rewarding to take an animal with one that you made.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:42 pm

I totally,agree. That's one of the reasons im getting into traditional. You leave out the sight,rest and all the modern components, and take an animal clean kill, with all the equipment you build yourself, THAT, to me is the ultimate goal. I enjoy touching basis with you on this CA, i can tell you are knowledgable, in this subject. Thanks for your input,and advice.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
I totally,agree. That's one of the reasons im getting into traditional. You leave out the sight,rest and all the modern components, and take an animal clean kill, with all the equipment you build yourself, THAT, to me is the ultimate goal. I enjoy touching basis with you on this CA, i can tell you are knowledgable, in this subject. Thanks for your input,and advice.

By the way, Feather's or plastic. 4" or 5"
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:21 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
30pointbuck wrote:

By the way, Feather's or plastic. 4" or 5"
helic.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Feathers all the way deffinitely if you are shooting off the shelf. The feathers give and will not affect the arrow flight.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:28 pm

I will be shooting off the shelf.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:29 pm

30pointbuck wrote:
I will be shooting off the shelf.

5 inch or 4. any helical.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:32 pm

5 with a litlle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditional archery.   Traditional archery. Empty

Back to top Go down

Traditional archery.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next