Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Aluminum vs Carbon

Go down 
+9
The Guide
Darius
Robert
mathewsguy
Camoed Assassin
Dave
TheRomer
Joe
30pointbuck
13 posters
AuthorMessage
30pointbuck

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Any body still use aluminum arrow's for hunting, or carbon arrow's for the compound shooter's.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm

Carbon only...
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:52 pm

Myself, i have alway's been partial to the alum. arrow's don't ask me why mabey price,i do know one thing they are easier to tune. But the down side has alway's been, straightness. alum. arrow's only last a few hundred shot's then they start to loose their straightness, and start wandering off target when shooting them.
But i do shoot carbon's only with my compound. Alum. only with my recurve. And carbon arrow's are much faster. and better for hunting.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Just carbs for me aswell
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Carbon all the way. They do so much that an aliminum arrow can't.... ask anyone who has ever missed their target and hit a stump or other solid object.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 pm

Dave wrote:
Carbon all the way. They do so much that an aliminum arrow can't.... ask anyone who has ever missed their target and hit a stump or other solid object.

First arrows I ever had were aluminum and bent eveyone of them the first day. Gotta love the durability of the carbon arrows.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:27 pm

I shoot carbons as well
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:59 am

Only shoot carbon through the compound but I do shoot wooden through my trad bows
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:19 pm

That's what i want next are the wooden with my recurve,
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Carbon all the way!
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Carbon!!!!
Back to top Go down
Don Beaver

Don Beaver

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:16 am

Both, sort of... Make mince A/C/C's, please. Best of both worlds. You get the absolutle consistency of aluminum, weight on par with the average carbon and durability that lies somewhere in between(closer to carbon). I've tried and tried and have yet to find a better arrow.
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Carbon
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Nearly everyone I know prefers carbon for serious bowhunting.

However, many, many Pro shooters still prefer the large diameter Aluminiums for serious ASA comps.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptySat May 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Cornfed wrote:
Nearly everyone I know prefers carbon for serious bowhunting.

However, many, many Pro shooters still prefer the large diameter Aluminiums for serious ASA comps.

Well said...
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:00 am

I was aluminum, then carbons and then I went back to aluminums cause they're a little heavier. I had a bad experience on a bull a few years back and ever since I've stuck with the heavier arrows for elk and deer. I liked carbons and one of these days I may go back to them weighted.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:38 am

wacker wrote:
I was aluminum, then carbons and then I went back to aluminums cause they're a little heavier. I had a bad experience on a bull a few years back and ever since I've stuck with the heavier arrows for elk and deer. I liked carbons and one of these days I may go back to them weighted.

Check out the new Piledriver arrow from Carbon Express... It is a heavier "Big Game" arrow for maximum penetration.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks for the info. Just checked them out and may give them a try.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:08 pm

wacker wrote:
Thanks for the info. Just checked them out and may give them a try.

You got it buddy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aluminum vs Carbon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aluminum vs Carbon   Aluminum vs Carbon Empty

Back to top Go down

Aluminum vs Carbon
Page 1 of 1