Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Turkey Choke Tubes

Go down 
+3
Dave
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRomer

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Ok after shooting with Robert and seeing the group he was getting out of his gun. Im wondering if i could get a better group out of mine with a diff choke.

I know he is shooting the 3 1/2" shells and im only shooting the 3". I still "think" I can do better.

The choke tube i got now is the HS undertaker but it is what came with the gun when i got it. and the lettering on it is wore off pretty good so that i cant read how much the choke is(modified,full ect.).

So im thinking about getting a new one and since im still new at all this turkey stuff i have never really thought about the chokes. but when i seen roberts groups, i want that. i know ill never prolly get that tight but if i can get better i want it.

so my ? to you all is what do you all use and do you think i can get a better pattern with a diff one?

here is a pic of my pattern at 35 yrds

Turkey Choke Tubes Shot10
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm

I have a Primos after market choke. I pattern great out 40 plus yards. I have shot @ 50 yards and killed one to with it. The only problem with the ultra full chokes is if they are close you have to be right on them or you are going to miss as I have been known to do a few times. There's nothing better for your ego than missing a bird that's sitting in your lap.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
I have a Primos after market choke. I pattern great out 40 plus yards. I have shot @ 50 yards and killed one to with it. The only problem with the ultra full chokes is if they are close you have to be right on them or you are going to miss as I have been known to do a few times. There's nothing better for your ego than missing a bird that's sitting in your lap.

Thats good info right there... I am not much help. I know Robert knows a fair amount of information on them as well.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Yeah CA is right looks like you have plenty of pellets in the head and neck to kill that bird at 40 or 45.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

I thought you were looking pretty good with the one you had. If mine fit your gun you are welcome to try them out. I have a Jelly Head super tight and a, well I can't remember at the moment but It's something creek or another. Next time I get out we'll put the stretch on it
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 pm

yeah im happy with what i got that is a dead bird for sure but if i could tighten it up just a bit more to get out there just a touch bit more id be even more happy. but if i cant than im still good to go.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:49 am

Hey Romer, if you have access to an inside mic you could measure the restriction. That way at least you'll know where your at now if you want to try tightning it up.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:45 am

Roberts 870 chokes should fit your 1100, most of them are interchangeable. That pattern looks fantastic, what did it look like at 50 yards?
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:34 pm

oregonzach wrote:
Roberts 870 chokes should fit your 1100, most of them are interchangeable. That pattern looks fantastic, what did it look like at 50 yards?

It started raining so we never made it out that far
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turkey Choke Tubes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turkey Choke Tubes   Turkey Choke Tubes Empty

Back to top Go down

Turkey Choke Tubes
Page 1 of 1