Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Favorite cut of Venison?

Go down 
+10
Cajun83
Mrs Volway
wacker
Camoed Assassin
30pointbuck
Snivs
Robert
TheRomer
mathewsguy
Dave
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Favorite cut of Venison? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:35 pm

1. What is your favorite cut of venison?

2. What is your favorite way to cook it? Grill, smoker, over open fire, skillet, crock pot, etc?
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Backstraps over a open flame on the pit.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Ill have to go with the burger, i do have the back straps saved and butterflied. but everthing else is ground up

I cook it all kinds of ways,I havent bought reguler hamburger in a few years.

plus i love to smoke up some summer sausage,jerky and what ever comes to mind
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:51 pm

back straps. My friend Andy Parnell from Alabama once made me the best back straps ever. They were coated with cream cheese and then wrapped in bacon. Then he grilled them over charcol on low for about an hour. He served them to me with a baked tator. Man was it a great dinner to have after a long day of turkey hunting
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:53 pm

Back strap. It is tradition for me in I take a deer in the morning to come back to the house and go for some fresh back strap. Roll it in flour that I put different seasons in and fry it up in butter. Whip up some scrambled cheese eggs and homemade home fries. Love it.

I cook it all kinds of ways. Pending my mood and what I am in the taste for.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Deer burger. Summer sausage with jalapeno,cheese inside.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Backstraps for sure. We went camping last summer and one of the guys that went with us was a chef, and a darn good one to. We thru some backstraps over the camp fire in a cast iron skillet with some onions, hot sauce, McCormicks grill spice and some New Castle Ale. WOW that was some good eats.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:53 pm

I was think that backstraps would be the popular answer. I usually donate my meat or give it away to friends (since the wife won't eat it), but I do enjoy backstraps when I get a chance to eat them. I had some fresh ones this fall (before they were in a freezer) and that was the best tasting venison I have ever had. I gave ther rest away to a friend who lost all his meat when his freezer went out.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Your guys midwest whitetails do taste great. I don't know what it is but those corn fed deer taste alot better than our deer.
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Your guys midwest whitetails do taste great. I don't know what it is but those corn fed deer taste alot better than our deer.

I second that.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:

They have plenty of vegtables to eat, so you have a complete nutrition diet when you eat our deer lol
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:47 am

Backstraps are great. Cool I normally cube it up with onions and peppers and merinade it for a while before hitting the grill. The best backstrap I've had lately was when we sliced one into steaks, rolled in a spiced up cracker mix and deep fried them for about 3-4 minutes. That was some good eaten!
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am

Robert wrote:
back straps. My friend Andy Parnell from Alabama once made me the best back straps ever. They were coated with cream cheese and then wrapped in bacon. Then he grilled them over charcol on low for about an hour. He served them to me with a baked tator. Man was it a great dinner to have after a long day of turkey hunting

Volway brought back a recipe similar to this last year. Except his recipe called the cream cheese to be mixed with diced jalapenos, spread inside the backstrap, rolled and then wrapped in bacon. They are pretty good this way!
Back to top Go down
Cajun83

Cajun83

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Tenderloin, wrapped in bacon slow cooked on a charcoal grill.
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Tenderloin on the skillett with peppers & butter cheers
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Take a complete backstrap, season to taste, wrap in bacon, use toothpicks to hold bacon in place, slice up several potatoes, onions, half a stick of butter and wrap everything up in tin foil, double wrap and place on top rack of grill and turn periodically while cooking, I cook mine about 45 minutes to an hour
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Tenderloin is my favorite cut, but backstrap in a cast iron skillet with onions, taters, carrots, salt pepper a touch of cajun seasoning, all grilled together and simmered with half stick of butter amazing.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

back strap wrapped in bacon and marinated to your likeing and then grill it.. Great now im hungry.. Oh and cant forget jerky
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh yea jerky I did forget. Because I got to eat about 5 of my 12 bags. My fiancé found my hidden stash and now I just have to wait till season starts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite cut of Venison?   Favorite cut of Venison? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite cut of Venison?
Page 1 of 1