Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Another TN Longbeard Down!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Darius

Darius

Another TN Longbeard Down!!! Empty
PostSubject: Another TN Longbeard Down!!!   Another TN Longbeard Down!!! EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Well I decided to head to a dif farm this morning. Julie wanted to tag along so she brought the digital camera to try and capture the moment. It started out awesome. I and Julie arose at 430 this morn and headed out to the farm where the long steep and dreaded hike awaited us. We made it with plenty of time til daylight so we took a min to catch out breath. I go out and set up the decoys while she was setting up the blind. I got Swingin Hen and b mobile set up but I could not find his silk fan anywhere. I finally give up and just left him out there tailless. Anyway we waited that forever wait for daylight. As daylight was breaking I could hear a gobbler a longs ways off down in holler to our left. That was the only gobbler I heard on the roost. Then all of a sudden BOOOM!!!! 80 yards over the hill. I call out and AGAIN!!! 3 gobblers come up over the hill about 60 yards out all of them gobbling like nuts. Well for some reason they didn't like the setup. They started flipping their wings so I knew they were getting nervous. I called to them just for fun and to listen to em gobble as they walked down the fence row to the holler where we heard the roosted gobbler. Afterwards we debated whether or not to cut in the woods and try to get in front of them but decided against it. I did however go and get the tailless b mobile just in case that made a turkey wonder. I kept calling to those 3 and they answered my every call but got in that holler and set up camp. They wouldn't budge from wherever they was. Well as i was calling to those gobblers for my own amusement I hear some more gobbles behind us. I peak out of a tiny hole of the blind behind us and see a struttin fool come over the hill 200 yards out. I call and he gobbles rarely breaking strut. It took him for ever but he got about 20 yards behind us so i let out a yelp so julie could hear how close he was.. BOOOMMM!!! she nearly jumped out of her skin. I went ahead and stuck my gun out the window as he was behind us. He walked right by the blind at 5 yards and headed to the swingin hen decoy.... Julie got the camera on him just in time to see his last moments and falling short of his girlfriend. It was an absolute blast. I will try to get the short clip on here. I was having some problems with my mouth call but I will try to get an audio on here as well and you can hear those gobblers hammering. He had a 10 3/8s beard and 1.25 spurs. I was stoked

Another TN Longbeard Down!!! DSC01994
Another TN Longbeard Down!!! DSC01995
Another TN Longbeard Down!!! DSC01997
Another TN Longbeard Down!!! Th_MOV01990
This is the audio. may have to turn it up to hear em gobbling

Another TN Longbeard Down!!! Th_MOV01989
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Another TN Longbeard Down!!!   Another TN Longbeard Down!!! EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:09 pm

That is cool. I liked the short video of him heading towards the decoy and then your shotgun barking loud. Great bird! Well done Mr. Darius, you are having a great season.
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Another TN Longbeard Down!!!   Another TN Longbeard Down!!! EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Nice one!Congrats again!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: Another TN Longbeard Down!!!   Another TN Longbeard Down!!! EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:16 am

Nice bird great story and video. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Another TN Longbeard Down!!!   Another TN Longbeard Down!!! EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Sweet, nice pics and I liked the vid clip to. Congrats again on smokin all them birds this year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another TN Longbeard Down!!!   Another TN Longbeard Down!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another TN Longbeard Down!!!
Page 1 of 1