Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

The Hammer was dropped...

Go down 
+5
mitch coleman
Mark
30pointbuck
Robert
Dave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

The Hammer was dropped... Empty
PostSubject: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm

My good buddy JackHammer dropped a good sized doe Tuesday night. Here are a few pics. I'll let hime give the details of the hunt.

Pic of when we found her in a dried creek bed:

The Hammer was dropped... 101_2532

Pic of her when we had her loaded in the truck and a little more light:

The Hammer was dropped... 101_2533
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:21 pm

She was a big girl wasn't she. Congrats Jack.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Nice doe, Good eatin. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Congrats on the doe

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
mitch coleman

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:33 am

congrats on the doe
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:31 am

Way to go Jack cheers nice looking doe.congrats
Back to top Go down
JackHammer

JackHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks Guys!

I was going to hunt by the cemetery, but someone was using a chainsaw overthere, so I set up somewhere else at about 4:25, saw first deer at 4:50, and after that they came out like Ghost. From everywhere I saw a total of 23, one being a nice 8 (prob wouldnt shoot him). Deer everywhere its warm, but this doe turns about 35 yrds out. 5:45 Jack lets the Whack, Smack down on her, *so he thought*. Using the luminock I knew I hit her a little high, and as she ran like a thief with my arrow glowing bright, I knew where she entered the woods. So I called My Buddy Dave, and told him I was going to let her lay, and he told me he could be out there in a bit, So about 8 we get out there and find NO blood or hair. we go to where she entered the woods, and Dave, The Blood Hound that he is found my broken arrow but with no blood around on the ground. We looked around and only found enough blood to cover a band-aid. I thought to myself *Self this aint good*. Dave kept finding .... Very few specks of blood. Then he looked up and shined his light in the creek. There she was. I was so excited I yeld *YEAH*!! What a great night to find her, she only went 100 yrds, and I'm glad we let her lay. Thanks Dave!! Cant thank you enough for your Friendship!!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:23 am

No problem. You made a great shot and did a good job keeping your eye on the deer after the shot. That was key in us finding the arrow and knowing where to start looking. Otherwise we could have been in big trouble. I am glad we were able to recover her and I enjoyed sharing the experience with you. It was a different track job (since we really did not have any blood to go by), but it proved that just because you don’t find a lot of blood (frankly, or any at all for that matter) does not mean that you do not have a DEAD DEER in less than 100 yards. Upon getting to the doe we realized there was no exit wound. (The broadhead had stopped when it reached the opposite shoulder) and with the downward penetration of the arrow (shot from a tree stand), only the body cavity was filling with blood. The reason we only had a few specks of blood is because she was bleeding from the mouth.

Hopefully we will recover some more deer together again this year. Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:05 pm

I wouldn't say a good sized doe, I'd say you dropped a big fatty! Way to go Jack!
Back to top Go down
Snivs

Snivs

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Way to go. Great deer management.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hammer was dropped...   The Hammer was dropped... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hammer was dropped...
Page 1 of 1