Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My Maryland bird.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

My Maryland bird. Empty
PostSubject: My Maryland bird.   My Maryland bird. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:36 pm

2 days before the season Tommy, my son Hunter, my daughter Hailey and I went up to our turkey lease to check some areas out. We finally got the landowner to let us setup a blind in an area that he usually doesn't let us hunt until later in the season. It's his sanctuary he has set aside for deer and the turkeys love the area for just loafing around and the gobblers use it as a strut zone. This year he has been doingsome logging all around this sanctuary and we knew that the birds were going to be in here because the rest of the property has been disturbed pretty hard by all the logging. We set up a blind because I was planning on bowhunting them. Well I found out that Hunter didn't have school opening morning so he wanted to go turkey hunting with me for the first time.
I took the shotgun and the camera the next morning and off to the blind we went. Only heard one gobble way off on the roost. Then I saw that bird about 200 yards off going the other way. I gave Hunter a glass call and he made a few calls and it wasn't a minute later that gobbler was coming down the hill. Once he saw the decoys it was over. He came running in and I smoked him. I got a little excited and didnt have the bird centered in the frame on the camera but you see him get rocked. And it being my son's first time hunting turkeys with me the video didn't really matter to much. We had a blast and he can't wait till it's his turn to pull the trigger on one now.

My Maryland bird. IMG_0238
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

My Maryland bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Maryland bird.   My Maryland bird. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:39 am

Nice bird Don, congrats Buddy.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

My Maryland bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Maryland bird.   My Maryland bird. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:18 am

Congrats on the nice turkey Don.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

My Maryland bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Maryland bird.   My Maryland bird. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:04 am

Congrats on a nice jelly head Don, man Hunter sure is getting bigger. Way to call that Turkey in for your dad. you have a hooked young man now lol
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

My Maryland bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Maryland bird.   My Maryland bird. EmptySat May 21, 2011 11:09 pm

The season was bad here in MD but I ended up tagging out with my second bird this evening. Will get pics and a story up soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Maryland bird. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Maryland bird.   My Maryland bird. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Maryland bird.
Page 1 of 1