Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

How was your season?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveC

DaveC

How was your season? Empty
PostSubject: How was your season?   How was your season? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm

My season lasted about 30 minutes this year. I had a 4th season IL turkey permit, and took a week of vacation to chase the long beards. I couldn't get a gobbler to answer the night before while out roosting. I decided to try a ridge where I had heard beards earlier in the year, and at daylight, the birds started gobbling. I watched as they flew the opposite direction I was facing. A few soft purrs with my Stormn Norman Custom Call and I had birds running towards me! I readied for a shot and took the first gobbler in range. He was 20 pounds 6 ounces, 10 1/8th inch beard and 1 inch spurs. I've been turkey hunting since 2003 and this was only my 4th gobbler. I've taken a few hens during the fall season in the past, but the properties I hunt now are pretty much void of any turkeys.

[How was your season? Turkey

This one is from 2009 and by far my most memorable hunt. I took my dad along and he watched me call in and take this gobbler at 15 yards. Dad had never been on a turkey hunt, or even seen one strut while in the field. We made plans to get him a permit and go the following year. Dad died a year to the day of that hunt with pancreatic cancer. I really wish he would have been in this photo with me.

How was your season? DC-2

This one was from 2008, my first turkey that I called in by myself. My oldest son was with me that morning, Great morning indeed!

How was your season? Gobbler08
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: How was your season?   How was your season? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Congrats on a great bird.

My season was filled with a lot of rain and no gobbling at all. Ended up without a bird
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: How was your season?   How was your season? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

I tried to harvest a bird with my bow for the first time this year, had a very interesting season but ultimately I ended up without a bird, no regrets though, it was fun!
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: How was your season?   How was your season? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 pm

My seas here was horriable.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: How was your season?   How was your season? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Killed 2 in Maryland and lost one and missed one both with bow in Tenn. ABNAKI ALL TOGETHER GOT 10-11 KILLS ON FILM THIS SPRING
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your season?   How was your season? Empty

Back to top Go down

How was your season?
Page 1 of 1