Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

fall turkey hunters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

fall turkey  hunters Empty
PostSubject: fall turkey hunters   fall turkey  hunters EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Any tips for me, havent shot one in the fall and plan on trying to get it done with tthe bow this year
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

PostSubject: Re: fall turkey hunters   fall turkey  hunters EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:43 am

Can't help ya out here Justin, I never fall turkey hunted, concentrating on deer too much I guess, I swear I'm gonna buy a fall tag every year because it never fails during season I see a ton of them while bowhunting but I never do! lol!
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: fall turkey hunters   fall turkey  hunters EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:57 am

One way it's done around here is find a flock, run at them and bust em up real good. I normally get a little closer to where the majority went, find good cover and wait a while before starting to call them back in.

I've also spent hours still hunting a flock in a timber area heavy with multiforal rose undergrowth. They really like to feed in that stuff. We also have some ledges nearby overlooking rose bush that's fun to still hunt for birds. If they're feeding on corn stalking them a few rows in can be productive.

You'd be amazed how fast they could pick you out in a tree at times. Our turkey season runs a week longer than archery deer so I'll hold off when deer hunting unless I see a good tom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fall turkey hunters   fall turkey  hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

fall turkey hunters
Page 1 of 1