Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Sick!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
buckbuster217

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm setting here sick to my stomach, shot a nice 8 point this morning, what seemed like a great shot, quartering away, right behind the shoulder and lodged in the opposite shoulder, no pass thru, had about 6 inches of arrow sticking out with my noctural lit up, listened to him run down through the woods, sounded like a bull dozer!!! never heard him crash though, waited about an hour and climbed down, checked the spot where I shot him and found brown hair and started finding small drops of blood, tracked him down through the woods, not a good blood trail due to no pass thru, he ran downhill aproximately 200 yards into a hay field, across it and over a fence onto property that I am not allowed on! called the landowner I hunt on and he said he would call them but he kinda knew what the answer would be already, he called me back alittle later and said that they told him no that we could not go on their property to retrieve a deer! I know this deer will not make it and am dumbfounded that someone will not let someone retrieve a deer, Im not asking to hunt just go find a deer and get off their property, the landowner I hunt on said they have always been that way, it justs drives me crazy knowing that deer is not going to make it and i cant get him!!!!! I cant comprehend how they would rather let that deer lay and rot instead of letting someone retrieve it! sorry for the long post I'm done ranting now
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:06 pm

sounds like it's time for a covert night mission.
Back to top Go down
Bowhunter83

Bowhunter83

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I was thinking, contact the dnr and have a warden come out and help. He should be able to enter onto sAid area and help legally retrieve your buck
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:31 pm

i had a friend with this same situation.. The Conservation department should be able to help you get in to get them..It wouldnt hurt.
Back to top Go down
botzitaliano

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Sounds like that's the way that mf likes to hunt, stealing other peoples deer that they worked hard to get. I hate people like that. Hope you get him back.
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:13 pm

well to update everyone, called the county game warden, received his voice mail, left a message and explained the situation in a message, have not heard back from him yet, went back out this afternoon and did find my arrow, it was in some thick stuff along the field, seen my lumenok glowing is how we found it!, couple of small dots of blood and thats it, well all i can do is sit and wait for a call now!
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 am

Call again Sad
Back to top Go down
buckbuster217

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 am

update #2 called the game warden back and did get an answer, not the one I was looking for, he said that he would contact the landowner today but he has no authority to enter or make the landowner let me enter his property for retrieval purposes, if there is a violation occuring on the property then he could enter, ( such as me just and going and getting the deer, I think that was a hint!), Iwent back this morning at daylight and walked everything again, to no avail, walked the hillside beside the field hoping he may of doubled back and layed down but no luck. I think Ohio should really look at their retrieval law and reconsider some things. I will follow the laws ans abide by what they say, but I am not happy about them and I will be writing some letters to some heads of departments, I know it will probably not do any good but I will know I let my voice be heard.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

that sucks..Sounds like game warden and landowner need a little sense knocked into them.. Anyways go get that big buck in the pumpkin patch.. Thats a nice one..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick!!!!   Sick!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick!!!!
Page 1 of 1