Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Feeling Sick....

Go down 
+10
TheRomer
Robert
Dave
volway
shehuntsva
mathewsguy
Camoed Assassin
Jody
Darius
PSE32
14 posters
AuthorMessage
PSE32

PSE32

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Yesterday morning I had the opportunity to kill the biggest buck I've ever had a chance to kill with a bow or gun. It was a nice 10 that I have been hunting. He came within 25 yds and I let an arrow fly. He trotted off about 40 yds.. stopped and staggered and then walked off. My arrow had blood and guts on it.. I was shaking so bad I shot behind his vitals. I have spent the last 6 hours looking for this buck and have found no blood or deer. This is the worst feeling in the world. Any ideas on where to look?
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:11 pm

If I lose a bloodtrails then I usually start covering the thickets. In my experience they seemed to go to the really thick parts of the woods. I hate to hear that though and hope you find him. It happens to the best of us. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

I would look in fallen tree/tree tops or any kind of heavy cover. If he has a choice, he will hide. I hope you find him.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Like the other guys said, but make sure you give him plenty of time. A gut shot deer, if not bumped, will usually lay down within 150-200 yds from where they were shot. They will head for the thickest cover they can find. Hope to hear that you found him tomorrow, good luck.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 pm

If you think you hit guts check any water in your area. Walk up and down creeks. If a deer is gut shot they will go towards water. Also like the other guys check the thick nasty stuff.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:01 am

The first doe I shot this season was a gut shot. She only went about 60 yards and laid down. But where she laid down at was the thickest, nastiest stuff I have ever had to go through. We were moving about a foot at a time and lucked upon her about 15 yards away from the last spot of blood. I hope you find him, keep at it and you will.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 am

GIVE HIM TIME,He will lay down after he gets to feeling sick.Also if there is water on the property or neighboring property,I have found alot of them dead laying in a pond of deep creek.Good luck on getting him.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 am

Good luck finding him.... I'm with everyone else... Give him time. Then check water and thick stuff.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 7:56 am

THat is an awful feeling for sure
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 am

hate to hjear that,good luck on your search for him
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:37 am

[quote="volway"]GIVE HIM TIMEquote]

What he said....
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks for the advice guys. Luckily the land surrounding where I shot him is owned by friends or friends of friends. So hopefully if he is found they will let me know.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:56 am

You might also try bringing some dogs out. Even if you don't have deer dogs, your pet or neighbors pets have a great chance of finding him. When Itake my lab out, if there is a dead critter she will find it, and if its stinky enough, she'll roll in it.
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:13 pm

Check out the thickest parts and water on the property like the rest you the guys and gals said, you guys can laugh at me if you want but look for ravens or crows in the area, that's a good sign of a dead animals
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks for the advice guys and gals... I cant take it anymore so I'm skipping class tomorrow and going to look for it. Ill be checking out all the thick stuff and a creek and a couple ponds. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Good luck I hope you find him
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 pm

I hope you still find him....Good Luck

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feeling Sick.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeling Sick....   Feeling Sick.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeling Sick....
Page 1 of 1