Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot Empty
PostSubject: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:26 am

So is anyone going to go to the Bedford IBO shoot this coming May. Its that national triple crown shoot. I have shot it the past two years and have had a blast. I will be leaving early friday morning to get down there. Ill be passing through Indy if anyone might want to go. I will be camping out friday night and heading home Saturday afternoon. If anyone might be interested let me know. i hope I will have some WA gear (hat/shirt/decal) to wear down there to promote our site.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 pm

i might be interested in headin down there
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:07 pm

were exactly is this shoot?????????
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Im hoping he is talking about bedford indiana, if so me and my one of the guys i hunt with are definately interested. We would be happy to represent Whitetail Affliction at the shoot.
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes it's bedford Indiana. May 18-20 at the fairgrounds. You can go to www.IBO.net for more info. Hotels in the area for that weekend are expensive that's why I camp out.
Back to top Go down
Justintohunting

Justintohunting

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:17 pm

This sounds like fun but may not be able to make it.. I ve got to save time from work for the r100 shoot in april
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 am

The last 2 years I have shot in the Hunter Class but this year I am going to try the advanced hunter class. The only difference is 5 yards on the max. The last 2 years in the hunter class about 85% of the shots were between 25 and 30 yards. It is a very challenging course. You will be shooting uphill, downhill, across ridges, some flat, some are in open fields but most are in the woods. It can be very muddy and bugs are usually terrible to bring some good bug spray. But the most useful thing I take is a good pair of boots you can hike in that are water proof. Its a lot of walking so be good to your feet. If you can shoot first thing in the morning the better due to lines at targets you may want to bring a fold up chair too. I would suggest shooting 20 targets one day and then the last 20 the other day. I decided to shoot all 40 one day and I wish I had not. I was about 5 up after 20 targets but it went downhill from there and finsihed up with a 371. I got really tired and my shooting suffered.
It is a lot of fun you get to meet new people all the time. They have many different vendors there that are selling things you may need. The best is probably Lancaster archery supply. They have food there too but you can always leave to go to a restaurant. There is a small parking fee but you only have to pay it once and you can come and go as you please. They do have an area where you can pitch a tent and restrooms are not to far away.

A little info about it. They have many different classes, max yardages, and equipment restrictions. The biggest class is the Male Hunter Class. It has a max yardage of 35 yards. There is no limit to the number of pins on a sight, 12 inch max stabilizer, no V-bars on stabs, 5 grains per pound of draw weight, they have a maximum arrow diameter of 27/64 (.422) will be allowed with an allowance of up to .425" for arrow point diameter.
1. Hunter Class (HC)
A compound, recurve, or longbow shot with or without sights. A sight shall have fixed pins, cross hair, or circle style pins without lens or magnification. If circle style pins are used, all circles must be the same size. A sight may have a rear aperture (i.e., peep sight or fixed rifle type sight). Note rule change (III.C.6) concerning peep sights. Sights may not be adjusted after entering the shooting course. Arrows must have screw-in points and at least three (3) feathers or vanes no less than two (2) inches long (measured minimum 1.75 inches). Only one stabilizer may be used. The stabilizer shall be no more than 12 inches long, and extend no more than 12 inches from the point of attachment to the riser of the bow. Additional Vbars, counter balances, or weighted attachments are prohibited. (For the purposes of this rule, any device adding length or weight to the stabilizer shall be considered part of the stabilizer and shall be subject to the 12-inch rule.) Un-weighted vibration dampeners are not considered to be stabilizers; however, un-weighted vibration dampeners attached to the stabilizer are measured as a part of the stabilizer and are subject to the 12-inch rule above. Equipment in this class may be shot with finger tab, shooting glove or release. HC archers shoot from the yellow stake.

Here is the website to the rules http://www.ibo.net/pdf/2012/2012%20IBO%20Rules.pdf
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 am

im glad its in Indiana i should be able to make it. family lives fairly close to there
Back to top Go down
fullrut

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 am

I'll be there as usual.
Back to top Go down
kkleve

kkleve

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am

we all need to get together at the shoot
Back to top Go down
Indiana_buck_buster

Indiana_buck_buster

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I'll be camping out so look for a big red tundra with a WA logo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot   Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot Empty

Back to top Go down

Bedford National Triple Crown IBO Shoot
Page 1 of 1