Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

What do you guys think we should do?

Go down 
+5
Robert
mathewsguy
huntquest
TheRomer
shehuntsva
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

What do you guys think we should do? Empty
PostSubject: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Here's the deal. Brian & I went on a hunt in Texas two years ago this past May. We went to hunt hogs, but ending up killing two auodads while we were there as well. The owner of the ranch took us into town to the local taxidermist where we gave up a deposit for a shoulder mount (brian's was huge) and a european mount (mine was small). We haven't gotten our mounts yet!

I have been in and out of contact with this guy and basically had to turn into a private investigator to find his phone number at one point. The last time I talked to him he said we would have our mounts in two weeks...that was over a month ago. We have alot of money invested in these animals and nothing to show for it...Texas is a long way from VA, or else I would drive to the guys house and resolve this, lol!!!! What can we do? Has anyone else had to deal with something like this???

What do you guys think we should do? Tx008resize
What do you guys think we should do? Tx035resize-1
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:46 pm

Its never happened to me but i would deff not let this guy get away with it. i would just keep bugging him and hopefully he we get them to ya, id also get ahold of the owner of the ranch since he is the one that took you to him.maybe he will get it taken care of for ya. sorry to hear about your situation
Back to top Go down
huntquest

huntquest

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:32 am

This happened to me two years ago. I shot my biggest whitetail to date in Texas. My mount was suppose to be finished in December of 2007. I tried to contact the taxidermist a few times prior to Dec. to see if it would be finished on time. But he never answered the phone or answered my emails. He finally answered the phone in Feb 08 and he told me he had been sick and my mount would be finished in 2 weeks. That was the last time he answered any of my calls or emails. I called the local police station and they told me that they had been getting numerous complaints about this taxidermist! Now I was really scared that I wasnt gonna ever get my mount back!!

I finally had to drive to Texas (15 1/2 hours from Colorado) in July 08. His shop was still there but it was closed. So I watched his shop for two days because local people told me that he was still in the area. On the second day about 9 in the morning he pulled up to his shop. And so did I, you should of seen the look on his face when he saw me pull up! I told him I wanted my mount or I was gonna show him why he had always been afraid of the dark! Maybe that wasnt the best way to handle it but I was pissed off and he knew it! To my suprise he walked in his shop and came out with my mount and my deposit money. After I made sure it was my buck I loaded it in my truck and I headed for Colorado.

I wish you the best of luck but you will probably have to head back to Texas like I did. I will never again have a taxidermist that far away mount an animal for me. I will use a taxidermist closer to home so I can drive there easily and keep an eye on my mount! Luckily my mount turned out very nice!

Here is a pic!
What do you guys think we should do? Buck
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 9:44 am

Im sorry to hear about your problem maybe you can call the ranch owner that took you there and he can get the problem taken care of. There is no way I would let it go like romer said but your best bet is to keep calling and bugging him and like I said try to get the rancher involved in it he would not want to take any other of his clients there if he has done this to you.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 10:30 am

Sorry to hear that. I would call the ranch owner and ask for help and then call the police and file a complaint
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Wow I am really sorry to hear that, I agree with Robert though, call the ranch owner then the police. I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 am

I have been in e-mail contact with the guy from the ranch. His mother actually owns the ranch and she tracked the dude down for me the last time. She was very upset and let the taxidermist know about it. They haven't used that guy in two years (right after we took our stuff there), because they had other similar complaints about him.

Before I buy another plane ticket to Texas, I'm going to get Brian to call this guy. I think I have been way to nice. Maybe he needs to hear a man's voice, lol. Thanks for all of the advice and hopefully we will see our mounts soon. You guys will be the first to know when they do.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:03 am

I hope to see a picture of those mounts on your wall soon
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:38 am

I hope everything works out for you two and hope you get your mounts very soon. Cant wait to see pics of them.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 am

That is so sad sorry to hear that. You have to keep the pessure on this guys somehow.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:22 am

You bring up a good point. I suppose Texas is big for out of state people hunting and leaving mounts. They think they can get away with it because most may never return. I would be foolish enough to drive back down like huntquest did. It would be that important to me.
All I can say is never give up!!!! Stay persistent on this.
Back to top Go down
swampghost

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Perhaps you should let the guy know that charges can and will be filed for theft. I had a situation arise with a taxidermist that tried to rip me (and alot of other folks) off and he wound up going to prison for 5 years, had to return all monies and do the mounts for free. It is a hassle but might make a good threat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think we should do?   What do you guys think we should do? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think we should do?
Page 1 of 1