Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Drug Problem

Go down 
+8
Robert
Jody
oregonzach
Glenn
Mark
Joe
TheRomer
Dave
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Came across this today and loved it. The guys response is dead on. It was worth typing it all out. I had to pass it along…

The other day, someone in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, “Why didn’t we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?”

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn’t put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom’s garden and flower bed and cockleburs out of dad’s fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood, and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today’s children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Great post Dave, i couldnt have said it anybetter
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:24 pm

So true...
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 5:44 pm

right on....

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:47 pm

That's exactly the way I was raised, good post Dave, thanks for shareing.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 pm

I like it!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:06 am

Very good point of view.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:13 am

There is nothing wrong with kids feeling some fear for wrong doing. My dad put a hand to my butt a few times and I knew if I stepped out of line and did something wrong that it would happen again.
It's the way it should be
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:08 pm

yes DAVE ,i was drug by my parents too Very Happy . one day my wife ask me here i picked up the habit of holding doors for women and senior citizens.. guess that was when my parents drug me to church.. i too,ws drug to the fields to work in the gardens , and just like you i was drug bout' every where you say you was.. was'nt it nice to have such loving,caring,and happy parents.. my arssss has been busted a lot,by my dad and i wish he was here today to bust it again. and we thought they did'nt care about us .. if i would have told my dad i was callin' the socialworker on him for bustin' my arsss,he would have busted it again.. very good post and thoughts,,,what happen to the world.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 pm

I could not agree more. My kids know you cant punish them other than setting them or taking stuff away most of the time they are good but they tend to back talk when I was a kid if I back talked crack across the mouth. Kids now a days dont know how good they have it.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 7:50 am

kyhareraiser wrote:
yes DAVE ,i was drug by my parents too Very Happy . one day my wife ask me here i picked up the habit of holding doors for women and senior citizens.. guess that was when my parents drug me to church.. i too,ws drug to the fields to work in the gardens , and just like you i was drug bout' every where you say you was.. was'nt it nice to have such loving,caring,and happy parents.. my arssss has been busted a lot,by my dad and i wish he was here today to bust it again. and we thought they did'nt care about us .. if i would have told my dad i was callin' the socialworker on him for bustin' my arsss,he would have busted it again.. very good post and thoughts,,,what happen to the world.

good follow up...
Back to top Go down
dkoutdoors

dkoutdoors

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 am

Great read Dave it all makes sense doesnt it
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

Drug Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drug Problem   Drug Problem EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:47 pm