Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

A nice surprise today

Go down 
+6
mathewsguy
Robert
Tall Tine
TheRomer
LawCoBowhunter
Joe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

A nice surprise today Empty
PostSubject: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I had a little business to take care of down south today, so I figured afterwards I would go to one of the farms I hunt I pull the card from my camera. As I get out of my truck and begin the walk through a bean field to an area where I set up my camera, I saw something in the middle of the field looking at me. I immediately grabbed my Nikons and focused in on it. A big ole gobbler standing with his head straight up looking my way. I nearly fell over in the sloppy mud of the field. I heard a lot of gobblers gobbling during late season deer hunts but none have ever been seen on this piece of property. I am very pleased with this sighting to say the least. Anyways, he eventually jogged into the woods and I went on my way. I then make my way through an absolute jungle to get to the camera. It is unreal thick back in there. But it was all worth the battle because I did get some good pics. I moved the camera to an area where I have seen big bucks use before so hopefully next time I pull the card I will see a deer I will pattern all summer.

Is it season yet???
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Sounds exciting...We are 1 day closer to season LOL
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Good news for sure
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 pm

That's cool Joe, Yep 1 day closer ahhhhhhh is it time yet??
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:46 pm

Cool news on the turkey
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 pm

thats cool man its always nice when you get to see them. Hope you get some good pics.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:30 pm

And the pictures are where? LOL Good news for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Great to hear Joe!
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 1:13 pm

good to hear that joe
Back to top Go down
tndeerslayer25

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 am

the land i hunt is covered up with turkeys in tn... i killled one off of it the 2nd day of season weighed 25 pounds had a 13 inch beard and 1 1/4 spurs a monster for this area.. hopefully i'll get back on the big buck i've seen while hunting but never got a shot at him yet.. ready to sling arrows.... only 43 days left... get some!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nice surprise today   A nice surprise today Empty

Back to top Go down

A nice surprise today
Page 1 of 1