Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!

Go down 
+6
Jody
Robert
Corey
Joe
TheRomer
THE BULL
10 posters
AuthorMessage
THE BULL

THE BULL

ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! Empty
PostSubject: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:19 pm

OK guys i am trying to book a pre-rut or rut trip to illinois...any sugestions? alot of guys are saying that pike county is over-rated and getting hunted out...i just found a place with decent prices outside of pike county in Newton IL called Illinois wildlife connection....Anyone hear of this place or area....Any ideas or suggestions?

thanks

sam
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:26 pm

again im no help on this one, but if bowgal gets on here she is from IL maybe she can help you out
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 pm

I would def. talk to Bowgal...she would be able to give you some great advice.
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:35 pm

thanks guys i will be looking for her response...romer your blind got shipped this morning sir...thanks again
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 3:08 am

Take a look at our outfitters that have hunts in Pike county or nearby counties. I have spoken with both and they are good people with some big deer.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 7:01 am

Yup, the outfitters we have on here are both full of great deer and haven't been overhunted at all
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 8:52 am

Another one to try is Sandy Run Hunt Co. They are southern Illinois around Vandalia. Great prices with some awesome land and opportunities. You can check the website too. www.sandyrunhuntco.com tell Bill I sent you. I am slated to go around Nov 14th.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 am

I dont know if anyone else got one or not but I got packet in the mail yesterday from heartland lodge and this place looks really great they even sent me a dvd. i was really impressed with the information they gave in the package and there prices are not bad. Im sure that with a management plan set up like they have there are plenty of big bucks running around there.
Back to top Go down
patrkyhntr37

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm

chad, i got the same packet in the mail yesterday too.
Back to top Go down
patrkyhntr37

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 pm

chad, i got the same packet in the mail yesterday too.
Back to top Go down
silbowhunter

silbowhunter

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:20 pm

If your thinking about S. IL check out Skillet Fork Outfitters located in near Carmi IL.

http://www.skilletforkoutfitters.com/
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 pm

great info...thanks to all
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Well i just bought my Illinois hunting permit and was invited to hunt 225 acres of calhoun county for the rut this year..anyone have any info on this county cause now i am committed?
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 am

Never been to Illinois for a hunt, but this year I put in for a tag and have a week hunt set up a Twin Creeks with a group of buddies. I'll let you know how it goes...
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 pm

thanks slink...I just talked to the land owner and he has me so pumped up for this hunt...i will be the only one on 225 acres for 5 days..to the west of the property is a 400 acre farm that is leased to 4 guys and to the east is 1500 acres leased to 9 guys...the property i will be hunting has 4 huge food plots with strips of woods and funnells on both sides. he said last year he took a 161 and a 153...he passed on several 120's and 130's....i cant sleep thinkin about it...i have never been sooooo pumped for a hunt in my life....i am going to scout either late august or early sept and i will take pics of the place to post on WA...I am lucky to have found a family friend with property like this who is willing to share for free. All he is asking of me is to bring him up to PA to hunt some bear....Cant wait cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!   ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ILLINOIS BOW HUNT!!!
Page 1 of 1