Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.

Go down 
+4
Dave
Joe
volway
whitetail fanatic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
whitetail fanatic

To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. Empty
PostSubject: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 pm

This is a question for the wind hunters...
I know the big thing these days is to hunt the "right" wind. But, what if you have only two stands and one or MAYBE two ways in to either stand?
Some would say not to hunt a particular stand if the wind is "wrong", but i say you cant kill if you are at the house. At least i have some kind of chance to get a shot off if i am in the woods.
One stand is on the south side of a small plot of mine so the sun will be to my back, but my main path is from the north, and i have had deer pop up from all different directions, I should have payed attention to the wind direction then. But what is the right wind for that kind of set-up???
so let me know what all you afflicted folks can tell me about this...
what are some thoughts???
do i hunt or not???
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Me myself WILL NOT hunt a stand if the wind is wrong.South stand,I would want a N,NW,NE,or W wind,The North stand is hard to say since that is where they are coming out,If all possible I would move it to the East side of the plot that way you can hunt a W,NW or SW. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 am

If the wind is wrong for a set, I don't hunt that set. I try and put up a few sets that if the wind is wrong for one it will be right for the others.

Last edited by Joe on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 am

If it is the peak of the rut, I will hunt any stand where deer will be funneling through-regardless of the wind.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 am

Joe wrote:
If the wind is wrong for a set, I don't hunt that set. I try and put up a few sets that if the wind is wrong for one it will be right for the others.
X2 except for 1 set we have, we will hunt on a marginal wind but not a wrong wind.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Joe wrote:
X2 except for 1 set we have, we will hunt on a marginal wind but not a wrong wind.

What they said.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 pm

I agree 100% with these other guys. don't hunt a set that the wind is wrong for but you are right. You can't kill a deer sitting at the house. I usually take my chances hunting on the ground or try climbing a tree. I find a way to hunt.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 pm

well, my problem... not problem but challenge is working my passion on a budgett and limited stands. i am technically restricted to just two stands, but will have two solid sets the maybe two more hidden or secret spots. might get to borrow a climber this year. but i absolutely gotta be in the woods.
its so quiet and peaceful. i just love it.
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 am

That's why I got a Doghouse blind last year....I can take that bad boy anywhere, even if there is no stand. Mine just pops open. When you are done, it folds up very easily and goes in it's own backpack. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.   To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question. Empty

Back to top Go down

To hunt or not to hunt... that is the question.
Page 1 of 1