Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Cool Experience:

Go down 
+7
shehuntsva
kyhareraiser
TheRomer
THE BULL
mathewsguy
Joe
Tall Tine
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

Cool Experience: Empty
PostSubject: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:16 pm

I went out yesterday to swap cards in the camera and as I was walking along the roadway quietly I looked to my left and here lays a doe about 15 yards off the trail. She never even got up, she just watched me as I walked by. It was a pretty cool experience and I exited the other way so I didn't scare her out. I so wish I had the camera with me dang it. oh well

Last edited by Tall Tine on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Man that would have been so awesome to have been there and seen that.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:30 pm

very cool man its always fun when you get to see the like that.
Back to top Go down
THE BULL

THE BULL

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 pm

nice....any little ones with her?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:29 pm

THE BULL wrote:
nice....any little ones with her?

Not that i could see, there is a mom and little one hanging around the food plot and are on the camera constantly.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:10 pm

I wonder if she was getting ready to have birth. Ive seen that before on the side of a secluded road. and she would not get up for nothing, I thought she was hit by a car so i called the dnr and they came out and looked her over they even touched her and seen that she was getting ready to have birth, so we all left her alone and the nex day went back and she was gone.
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 9:36 pm

saw a doe and two fawns this evening. they were moving from a safety site down into the creek .fawns still have their spots on them.. hopefully all the oter does had twins too .
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Thats cool, if she was ready to give birth, I don't blame her for not getting up. Been there, done that...you are not in any shape to get up and run, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 pm

A lot of cover this time of year so she felt secure I guess. Pretty neat experience though. Doesn't that always happen when you don't have the camera or video camera?
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:22 am

Very cool Jimmy... It is nice to see them up close and know they feel secure.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:31 am

That is pritty neat, It also dont happen like that too often.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 am

I would also go with the giving birth theory. I have seen doe stand in the same spot for hours during the birthing process. They do not like to move...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Experience:   Cool Experience: Empty

Back to top Go down

Cool Experience:
Page 1 of 1