Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Pennsylvania Mountain Men...

Go down 
+9
Grunt and Gobble
Corey
LawCoBowhunter
Darius
BowBo
Joe
mathewsguy
littleslink
Green Valley Gobbler
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Valley Gobbler

Pennsylvania Mountain Men... Empty
PostSubject: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:17 pm

Been seeing some nice bucks this year here in PA. Checked a few cams the other day and got a few nice bucks the last few weeks. Some of these bucks I\'ve been fortunate to get pics of or sheds too the last few years and have some age on them. I\'m hoping to at least get a look at one of these guys this upcoming season...
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0002
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0023
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0045
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... MDGC0562

Last edited by Green Valley Gobbler on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Nice looking bucks you got there. I'm about to post some pictures of some PA bucks as wel, but none are that big. Have fun watching them grow and good luck hunting them...
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:23 pm

Nice looking bucks bud i hope you get a shot at one of them
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Good looking bucks right there.
Back to top Go down
BowBo

BowBo

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:22 pm

VERY NICE!!
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Great bucks, If you ever need help thinnin em out give me a shout. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Those are going to be good ones
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:42 am

Those are some great looking pics, the first one looks awesome of the buck in the big woods. Looks good. The buck in the third pic looks like an old scrapper, his ears are all torn up.
Back to top Go down
Green Valley Gobbler

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks for the comments guys. G and G it's funny you mention the ears, that's actually how I identify bucks. Many of the older bucks have holes or scars in the ears, maybe from fighting or insects, not really sure. Here are a few more pics of the first two bucks posted in this thread. Take a look at the ears on the first buck, mainly HIS right ear. On the second deer take a look at the bump on his chin. Also pay attention to the dates on the pic's...
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0020
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0108
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... DGC_0010-cropped
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0069
Pennsylvania Mountain Men... CDY_0016
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:11 am

Oh wow great pics thats the same buck in the first few pics as the old ones with the tore up ear he grew alot. you have some good looking bucks running aroud bud. The last buck looks really old he is definetly mature.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:57 am

Wow those are some big bodied deer too. Those Cuddes take some nice, clear pics.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:22 am

I concurr that the ears are a great way to identify older deer...

Pennsylvania Mountain Men... 414holeyandbuck-1

Pennsylvania Mountain Men... 54ears-1

Check out the ears on these two. I have not caught a picture of either since, but I just put my camera back in that location on Sunday, and there was a huge fresh track in the mineral lick which was probably left by one of these guys. I can't wait to see what kind of growth has occured since...
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 am

Very cool, can't wait to see a pic of you with a tag on one of those suckers!
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:03 pm

WOW!! Look at the history there. Cory really shows how you can track a deers life over the years. The coolest part is getting to see how big he is now and how big we can expect him to be. How bought the sagging in his back and belly. He looks like a really old deer.. Cory I hope you get a chance for one of them this year because that is one heck of a storyline you built with him. They were both pretty big the last two years. They must be smart old fellas too! Thanks for sharing your insight. I am sure everyone on here really appreciates it.
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:09 pm

As i wrote in the email. Very nice mature bucks Cory. Very cool aging pics as well. Be nice to see that 13 come around again if he is still alive. Since you are talking about aging a buck, Let everyone know the age of the 2 bucks you killed the last two years. Great heading too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pennsylvania Mountain Men...   Pennsylvania Mountain Men... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pennsylvania Mountain Men...
Page 1 of 1