Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Starting to walk again!!!

Go down 
+6
Mark
Camoed Assassin
littleslink
Joe
mathewsguy
MRA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MRA

MRA

Starting to walk again!!! Empty
PostSubject: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Well I went to the doctor yesterday for another check up. Most of you knew I broke my leg on July 3rd and now Im just getting started to walk again. I can only put a small amout of weight on for a couple days, then double it, etc. till I can go without my crutches, which will be about 3-4 weeks. I dont think I will be able to climb any treestands for the opening of season, or drag any deer out so therefore I cant hunt for the first few weeks of season, But I should be ready for the rut Very Happy bounce bounce . They said everything is back to normal and I could see on the Xrays that the bone is starting to grow back together. I mostly hope that I can get into a tractor in a couple weeks so I can atleast do something around the farm, plus we will be starting to put in the wheat and harvesting the fall crops, but I should be capable of doing that in time. Doctor said it would be a few months before I could run or jump and do stuff like that, so I will still have to take it easy till mid winter or so.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Thats good news man I hope the rest of the process goes as well for you. remember take it easy dont mess it up
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Thats great news man. Glad you are back on your feet.
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Sounds like you are well on your way to recovery. Congrats on the good report...
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:50 pm

MRA wrote:
I dont think I will be able to climb any treestands for the opening of season, .

Ground blind it man.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

glad to see that you are healing up.....

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Glad to hear you are doing better, take care of yourself.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 pm

glad to hear its getting better.but for the first of the season id have a ground blind to hunt out of and a good buddy to drag my deer for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Good news for sure
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am

I agree with the other guys...........get a ground blind!!!!!!!! Go along with a good buddy. He can help you get in and set up...then drag the deer out for ya!!!! lol I know how you feel, though, for real!!! I fell down our front steps July 5 and broke my arm in 4 places!!!! I have the cast off and have begun working it alot! It was very painful at first, but it is getting there. I am starting to be able to use my bow today!!!!!!!!!!!!! By no means is it well, but it is getting there!!!!!!!! I REFUSE to miss the opening of deer season!!!!! lol Good luck!!!!!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting to walk again!!!   Starting to walk again!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting to walk again!!!
Page 1 of 1