Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

It's starting to fall

Go down 
+5
TheRomer
Dave
MRA
The Guide
Joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

It's starting to fall Empty
PostSubject: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 pm

Went shining last night for a little while and saw a couple bucks with their velvet completely gone. A lot of them were still holding on to it but a couple of the bucks got a head start. You know it’s close to season in Indiana when the fuzzy stuff starts to fall.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Wow that seems early. All of them here in MD are still in full velvet. Yeah you are right, it is always a good sign when you see them hard horned.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 pm

for all I know they are fuzzy here yet, but in a week or two it will come off. Season starts september 22 and they loose the velvet a few weeks pryor. Always a good feeling to see it off
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 pm

It will be fun to check the cameras and see what the hard bone looks like in the next couple of weeks...
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 pm

ool, like dave said cant wait to check the cams again and see if we got any hard horns yet
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:04 pm

I've heard a couple of reports of hard horned bucks running around MD.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:52 pm

man, i love this place... i was wondering if the velvet should be off yet and gonna ask you folks and i get on here and find my answere without even asking... thanks everyone. i am learning lots from all yall.
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 pm

There stull fuzzy here in Oklahoma....
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Hope they hold on a little while longer, I want one in velvet hanging on the wall.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Hope they hold on a little while longer, I want one in velvet hanging on the wall.

man. when does your season open? sept. 15?
thats just crazy. lucky dogs.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:38 am

The Guide wrote:
Wow that seems early.

They usually start shedding around this time in the area I hunt but I will admit I was a llittle surprised that some bucks are completely done. Talked with a close friend last night and hesaid he saw a few bucks 2 nights ago that were done shedding as well. On my way into work today I saw a few bucks who were completely in velvet. But there are some running around here that are gearing up. I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:45 am

It won't be long now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's starting to fall   It's starting to fall Empty

Back to top Go down

It's starting to fall
Page 1 of 1