Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Bow hunting tomorrow

Go down 
+8
Joe
whitetail pcs
volway
Dave
Camoed Assassin
TheRomer
Mark
SCHunter
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SCHunter

SCHunter

Bow hunting tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Well all wish me luck for I am going to the wooods to try my hand again at taking a buck with my bow. This will be my second bow hunt and if I kill a deer it will be my first deer with a bow. I went Monday morning and jumped 3 bucks on the way to the stand so it kind of messed things up a bit. Two of the three were big bucks so I'm hoping to see them again or at least one of them. If I stick one then I'll post it up for ya with pics Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Good Luck tomorrow.....

I'm assuming they are still in velvet???

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Good luck Man, I hope you can find the mark on one of the big ones
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Good luck tomorrow. Your lucky you get to hunt allready, we have to wait till seot. 15th.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:47 pm

Good luck buddy... I hope to see those pics!
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:19 am

Good luck to ya
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:31 am

You are VERY lucky to be hunting, already!! We don't even start bow season til Oct 15th!!! I'm jealous!! lol

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 am

Good luck man. Hope you down a big one!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:57 am

Man, I wish I was bowhunting today...
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:36 am

fantastic that you are already hunting.about the big bucks you've seen/be careful not to run them out of the area.sometimes when bumped ,the leave the area and sometimes they go nocturnal..hope you get one of the big boys b4 this happens though .waitin' on the pics Smile
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

kyhareraiser wrote:
fantastic that you are already hunting.about the big bucks you've seen/be careful not to run them out of the area.sometimes when bumped ,the leave the area and sometimes they go nocturnal..hope you get one of the big boys b4 this happens though .waitin' on the pics Smile

No luck this morning. I think they will be in the area because I didn't run into them while I was on foot. I was on my ATV on the gravel road that leads to the woodline where I go in at to get to the bow stand. They are used to all sorts of vehicles coming down that road so though it may have spooked them for the moment I think they are pretty used to to all sorts of farm equipment and what not. Another area I hunt is a little different. Its kind of isolated so encounters are a little more detrimental if you spook the bucks.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Good luck next time out.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 pm

Thanks for the update and keep us posted...
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Keep youre head up, good luck to ya!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Any luck this evening?
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Not this evening because I didn't get to go. I had to work..I'm getting off at 2230. Gonna try to go in the morning though. I'm about to die to shoot a buck with my bow even if it is with my Pre-civil war PSE Dominator. It should do the trick I guess but instead of a stealthy THWAAP..its more like a loud BOIOIOING.
Back to top Go down
whitetail pcs

whitetail pcs

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:58 pm

Good luck....Wish I was going in the morning! lol Get a big one!

cheers
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm

hey, thwack or boioiing. as long as you bust that ole ticker or them lungs, thats all that matters. you will gettem.
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Well I went this evening although it was a bit warm. I didn't see any deer more than likely because the moon has been so bright past couple of nights as well as its so hot they are coming out in the wee hours. But I will tell ya it beats going to work anyday. It was nice just sitting in the stand and listening to what was going on around me. I saw four of the fattest coons I have ever seen walk up under my tree and paid me no attention. Yes it was tempting but no I didn't stick any of em. Oh well, another day perhaps. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks for the update... keep at it!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 pm

[quote= I'm about to die to shoot a buck with my bow even if it is with my Pre-civil war PSE Dominator. It should do the trick I guess but instead of a stealthy THWAAP..its more like a loud BOIOIOING.[/quote]

I killed a few deer with an Ole PSE Whitetail back in the day. Bow did fine just didn't cost $700-$800 dollars.
Back to top Go down
SCHunter

SCHunter

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Thought about heading out today but had second thoughts in the pouring down rain. Only 48 more hours and I'll be sitting in a tree with my rifle between a bedding area and water source. I'm going to alternate between my bow and rifle this season I think. Who knows, once I get my first kill with a bow I may never go back to a rifle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bow hunting tomorrow   Bow hunting tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Bow hunting tomorrow
Page 1 of 1