Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Morning or afternoon hunt?

Go down 
+19
Godfather
Early Morning Gobble
littleslink
Dave
shehuntsva
The Guide
oregonzach
Camoed Assassin
Dream Catcher
Mark
whitetail fanatic
Darius
mathewsguy
MRA
Joe
TheRomer
PSE32
Corey
SCHunter
23 posters

Morning hunt or afternoon hunt?
Morning
Morning or afternoon hunt? Vote_lcap71%Morning or afternoon hunt? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 17 ]
Afternoon
Morning or afternoon hunt? Vote_lcap29%Morning or afternoon hunt? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
SCHunter

SCHunter

Morning or afternoon hunt? Empty
PostSubject: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:03 am

What time of day do you prefer to hunt? Some swear by the morning hunt and some by the afternoon hunt. I think it depends on what part of the season you're in. What is your preference?
Back to top Go down
Corey

Corey

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 am

I killed my biggest buck in the afternoon. So afternoon!
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:27 am

I prefer morning but this time of year the afternoons are the best.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:33 am

Ive got most of my bigger bucks in the morning so thats what i chose
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:13 am

I would hunt any time of day but if I have to pick, morning hands down.
Back to top Go down
MRA

MRA

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:37 pm

I shot one of my bucks at 12 noon, the others in the evenings, But i much rather prefer the morning hunt, I think its much more peacful watching the woods come to life, plus its so much cooler most of the time. I have missed a few bucks on morning hunts, so it really doesnt matter what time of the day during the rut.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:46 pm

I like the afternoon the best thats when i seem to kill and see my bigger bucks. But I think it can happen time of the day during the rut.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:58 pm

I love to hunt all day, but morning seems to be more productive. I have shot all my deer about equally between the two so it really don't matter to me.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:15 pm

i love morning hunts. when u hunt the morning you have all day to be out in the woods. when u hunt the afternoon hunt its only a matter of time before it gets too dark.
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 pm

my biggest buck has come in the evening......But I like mornings also.......

so I like evenings over all seems I spook less deer.......

all day during the rut

heck I like mornings and evenings!!!! cheers

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Afternoons during the early season and pre-rut.

Mornings during the rut.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Like Dream Catcher said. Early season most of my luck has been in the afternoon, but mornings during the rut is when I've had the most encounters with big bucks.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:46 pm

I usually see more deer in the morning where I hunt, but growing up, I always saw more blacktails in the evening. Maybe its a location thing.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 pm

so yall say that in the early season that evening hunts are better? why? may be a silly question but im just curious why evenings are better for early bow season.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:21 pm

I don't know. Never really thought about it. The way I see it anytime tp be on stand is good time. But if I had to choose it would be the Afternoon in the early season, Morning for the month of November and Afternoon for the late season.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 pm

I think anytime in the stand is an unbeatable time. It really doesn't matter in my opin. I think it all comes down to the deer density and how the layout is.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Funny...I have seen more deer during morning hunts, but I have killed all my deer in the afternoon/evening. I voted morning just because I have seen more in the morning and I love watching the woods wake up.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I can't pick one over the other. There are things I like about both. Just happy to be in the stand anytime!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:58 pm

I love to hunt in the morning. There's nothing like hearing and seeing the woods come alive. If only you didn't have to get up so early...
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:05 pm

I like the morning hunts... watching the sun come up and hearing all the birds wake up ....makes me want to jump in the stand.
Back to top Go down
Godfather

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:20 pm

I agree with the two posts right above me. There is just something about being in the stand while the sun comes up!
Back to top Go down
brian88

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:10 pm

morning, definitely. gets a little chilly, but it's worth it

binocular harness
Back to top Go down
MOOSE

MOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm

I would have to say morning during the rut, and evenings during the rest of the year. I am pretty partial to evenings right now though since got my first bow kill in the evening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Really depends on the time of year,Right now it's afternoon,But here in a couple weeks it will be a ALL DAY sit.
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:05 pm

i choose ornings for a couple reasons,,first ,i gt out in the mountains arround 5 to 5:30am .this way i can be in my spot b4 the other hunters start making their way to there stands and sites ,so i know where the others are hunting and if danger is lurking near by a trigger happy hunter and second ...this gives the deer time to settle down after i ride my atv through the hills to get near my stand so thet can go on their usual travel patterns after daylight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning or afternoon hunt?   Morning or afternoon hunt? Empty

Back to top Go down

Morning or afternoon hunt?
Page 1 of 1