Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove

Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. Empty
PostSubject: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Well my cousin and I are heading up behind my house in the morning .I have been seeing a lot of deer but just cant seem to position myself to make it happen.The deer seem to be rutting and i see a lot of sign of the rut.Now I live in the southern tier in NY state and we are not known for haveing trophy racks dont get me wrong i have seen some nice bucks but im afraid aggressive rattling and to much vocalization could be spooking bucks.Anybody have any opinions or suggestions on this?Hopefully we get lucky in the morning.as long as i see deer and spend sometime with family ill be happy even if I dont get to make that sweet string music..
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 pm

I would say try and see what happens. If you are not seeing any deer then what does it matter. Also if you see a buck that you would like to shoot and he is going a way. Try it and see what happens. Each deer is going to respond differently. I have rattled and grunted bucks in before but I have also seen them run like someone shot them. I always try when things are slow and if there is a buck just out of range. Some times you win and some time you lose. It's just hunting.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Hope you had a good morning.... give us an update when you get the chance. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:03 pm

how did it go?
Back to top Go down
DeathFromAbove

DeathFromAbove

PostSubject: Re: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:54 pm

Well guys not so good .It was a very slow morning.we saw 1 and we spooked it .we getting ready to climb down the tree and call it a morning and a deer slipt in to a thicket below us we didnt see it until the tail went in the air.I tried a lot of vocalization and no luck but we had a good time just being in the woods and spending time hunting together so al in all a great day.Thanks for the advice and ill be back at it tomorrow and ill let ya know how we make out.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Good luck next time out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..   Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Morning hunt.Hopefully my luck will change..
Page 1 of 1