Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

question for y'all

Go down 
+5
volway
TheRomer
Robert
Camoed Assassin
kyhareraiser
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 pm

what digs up yellow jackets from the ground. i have a feeder thats been out a couple three weeks and went to check it out yesterday..have 3 pics on the trailcam,and something has torn up the place. there is a hole big round as a quart jar with dirt scattered back from the yellowjackets nest entrance 4 to 5 ft back and 3 foot wide..yellowjackets still using the entrance though and i saw no nest material.. we have our first bear hunt this year(first i know of anyway)so there are potential spots for bear. i've heard coons eat yellowjacket and nest ,but it was mad enough to throw dirt that far ,i don't want to mess with it Very Happy skunks are arround too.never seen anything like this ,so i'm gonne aim another trailcam at the nest and try to see what it is ..what do ou all think it might be
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 pm

No idea never seen anything like that
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:54 am

NOt sure but hogs dig like that if you have them in the area
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:32 am

I have no idea what that could be either, i know i wouldnt be digging up a hornets nest
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 am

Don't know,But it's a brave sucker what ever it is!!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 am

Not sure. Interesting though....maybe you will get some pics of whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:05 am

If the hole is dug only as big around as a quart jar, I doubt it was a bear or a hog. They are not exactly "precision workers". My guess would be badger, but I don't know why in the world anything would want to mess with a yellow jacket nest.
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:35 am

With that hole size that was dug I'm leaning towards a skunk, if the was bigger I would say bear or badger. BH
Back to top Go down
kyhareraiser

kyhareraiser

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:10 pm

well.i found ut what was doing the diggin' in the yellowjackets nest,,,,cub bears .. either them or momma climbed the pine tree i have my deer feeder in and knocked the bottom cover of of it.. ate all the pears i had out for the deer and have wallowed out all arround the tree . there are also bear scat all arround ,,big piles and small piles .guess i'll relocate my feeder b4 i get in trouble for feedin' the bears.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Didn't know you had bears in that area. Glad you found out though
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Cool, guess you found your spot for bear hunting!
Back to top Go down
Bowhunterchick

Bowhunterchick

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 9:08 pm

bonehunters is right skunks dig up the underground nests and eat the yellow jackets but they perfer the larva.
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks BHChick, My dads yard is full of these holes and I know it's skunks doing it cause I have seen them. BH
Back to top Go down
Bowhunterchick

Bowhunterchick

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 pm

no problem bonehunters those skunks are some weird creatures
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question for y'all Empty
PostSubject: Re: question for y'all   question for y'all Empty

Back to top Go down

question for y'all
Page 1 of 1