Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

not a good morning

Go down 
+12
Brandon
shehuntsva
Jody
oregonzach
LawCoBowhunter
Mark
Dave
bonehunters
Camoed Assassin
mathewsguy
Joe
Robert
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert

Robert

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Saturday morning turned out to be a rough one. I have a new farm to hunt and I put up a double stand and a Stealth Prowler camera. Was going to use the stand and a blind to get my son out as well as my 64 year old uncle who wants to start hunting and get a deer. Show up to put on the final touches on things before season starts and the stand and camera were gone. Both were locked with Python locks too. The land owner saw the stand out there on Wednesday afternoon when he was getting some wood. Whoever did it planned it out though cause a 15 foot double ladder stand chained to a tree is no easy steal. Plus you have to cross a creek and go up a big hill to get out unless you take it 600 yards a crossed a field to the interstate. Really stinks cause now I know I can't leave anything out there and that will really hamper my efforts on helping my uncle with his deer quest. The land owner is a great guy in his 80's that has known my uncle forever. He was really upset by this and was going to start asking around with all the other folks in the area. 500 bucks gone just like that. I'm not a wealthy guy so that hurts. Never had anything taken when it was locked up. Plus the camera was in a far back corner of the woods and way out of the way. ONly way to find it was to really go looking for it. Would love to have a chance to chat, so to speak, with whoever took them
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Man that is terrible. Sorry to hear that ma. Thieves are people I will never understand. I hope you figure out who it was.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Wow buddy really sorry to hear that I hope you find out who it was and get your stuff back.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:58 pm

That sucks, sorry to hear it. I know how you feel, I've had a few sets stolen before. Nothing worse than getting to your spot and BAM no stand. hope you can find out who took it.
Back to top Go down
bonehunters

bonehunters

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Why would anyone do that, One question Did someone had permission to hunt the land before and was told not to hunt it anymore since you and your uncle got permission? It's just a thought. BH
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:37 pm

It's been a couple years since anyone has had permission to hunt it.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:45 pm

Sorry this happened to you Robert. Robert goes out of his way all the time for people and then this has to happen to him. What a crappy thing. Sorry to hear that Robert and I hope it turns up somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Sorry to hear Robert......that sucks...bad

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
LawCoBowhunter

LawCoBowhunter

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Sorry to hear that...
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 8:17 pm

This really sucks, thieves are one thing I have ZERO compassion for Mad . But if you want a like new 15ft double stand and stealth prowler I just came into possession of two thatI can make you a great deal on. I'll even include two python cable locks that have been cut in half for free. Razz

Seriously though, I think BH was right, might be a good idea to ask him who used to have permission to hunt it and talk to them. I'll help you run down any leads you get, and I'll bring a baseball bat.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:57 am

That is incredibly crappy! Sorry to hear someone was so blatantly stupid. Someone nabbed my double bull last year. Myself and the farmer were able to figure out whom by the land that bordered it. Hope you find your stuff.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:10 am

Man that stinks!! I have zero tolerance for folks like that. I hope you can figure out who did that and have that little chat with them.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:28 am

Trust me Robert I feel ya more than anyone! I am up to 5 stands this year gone!
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Brandon wrote:
Trust me Robert I feel ya more than anyone! I am up to 5 stands this year gone!

People seem to think that we can just go get as many as we want and why should they work for it if they can steal ours. There is always a special place in hell and life for folks like that
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Really sorry to hear Robert, i know exactly how you feel it happens to us every year. makes it hard to put anything out there worth anything nowing it might and probably will get stolen. thats why we have alot of hand biult stands.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Man that sucks. I have never had any stolen but I am sure I would be just as upset as you are. It will catch up with them one day. The worst part is you will probably not be there when it does. Good luck finding them.
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Robert, that sucks man, been there too. I have been looking at EZY detachable tree steps. Check out the post in the treestand thread on here. I am probably going to try them out.
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:55 pm

This wasn't so much for me as it was for my elderly uncle to get his first deer and for my son to enjoy time in the field. I don't even mind buying another stand but I know I can't leave it out there. The last one was chained up and that didn't even slow them down. Just not sure how to handle it other than carry in a blind with me when I take them and try to cover it up with brush.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 pm

I dont blame you I would not put another stand there buddy. The only thing you can do is carry a blind with you. I hope you find out who it was or atleast get your stuff back
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 11:02 pm

I wish they made some kind of tracking system where you can put a little chip or something on your stuff and then if it gets taken then you could pin piont to right where it was. if they had something like that id probably get all my stuff back.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:26 am

That sucks Robert,I hate a freaking theft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

not a good morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: not a good morning   not a good morning Empty

Back to top Go down

not a good morning
Page 1 of 1