Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Youth hunters first day

Go down 
+8
Dave
Joe
The Guide
Tall Tine
oregonzach
Camoed Assassin
mathewsguy
twodog
12 posters
AuthorMessage
twodog

twodog

Youth hunters first day Empty
PostSubject: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:12 pm

It was a perfect morning, foggy, 6 mph WSW wind, 60 degrees. This was 14 year old CJ's first time in the woods. It takes him 45 minutes EVERY morning to get out of bed at 7am for school. This morning at 358am he sprang out of bed and beat me to the kitchen LOL. We had a fawn within 20 feet of us 45 minutes before daylight on our way in. We ended up seeing 3 more deer after daylight but nothing offered a shot. We cannot hunt this evening, so we got everything set for tomorrow morning.

I like to think I still have the same enthusiasm I had 29 years ago my first time out. But watching CJ reminded me what it was really like so long ago.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Thats great I hope he gets to shoot one in the morning. sounds like he is ready to go
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Glad you guys got to see some deer. Hope you guys get on one tomorrow. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Congrats on sharing this time with him, thats what its all about!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Good luck! I bet it's a blast.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Thats awesome. I will always remember my first time out. Good luck tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Good luck next time out...
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 pm

I will try to get some pics on here later and the story. But for right now me and CJ are butchering his first deer. Nice doe. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:50 pm

very cool cant wait to see pics tell him congrats
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Awesome.... cant wait to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:40 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

What?? That is great news! Well a big congratulations to CJ!!! Can't wait to see the picture posted up here.
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:59 am

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see some pics!
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 am

Sorry for being slow on the pics. I am going to have to get some help putting them on here. I am about as stupid as it gets on a computer.

CJ did great, sat still, moved slow, and definately stayed alert. We had four does pop out within 45 yrds of us, walking straight at us. I had setup a scent wick with HTS Lip Licker on it about 25 yrds from us. They went straight to it, when the lead doe was almost touching the wick I seen her head fly up. I knew she was smelling my nasty boot tracks from hanging the wick. The rear doe turned around and got ready to bolt. This left CJ a perfect 35 yard slightly quartering away shot. I told him they were going to bolt, take the shot. He squeezed off the round and the doe I was watching (thinking that was the one he was going to shoot) tucked her tail and ran left. The rest of the deer flipped their tails and ran right. I told CJ " I think you hit her, tail was down, seperated from the rest of the deer." CJ said "I thought I dropped it" Well after making him sit there in suspense for about 20 or 30 minutes giving her time to bleed. I stood up and laughed. The doe he shot was laying 20 yards in front of us, over a little roll we couldnt see over while sitting down. He was right he dropped her in her tracks cheers Before we could even walk down to her, here come the other 3 back, straight back to the scent wick AGAIN. I had to call Theromer and ask if he was allowed to shoot more than one.( I should have known, but admit I was slacking.) Romer told me no, only one, so we had some fun with a fawn bleet and watched them leave and come back about 3 more times. He helped me field dress it and did very well. One of my personal traditions is burying the heart of every deer I kill. I cut the heart out and handed it to CJ and he buried it. Sorry if this turned into a book post, but I am so excited and proud of him.[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:27 am

Youth hunters first day Sept272009081
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 am

Congrats man. Good shootin.
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 am

Sorry for the pic, will get some better ones up, this was the only one on this camera.
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Youth hunters first day CJs1stDeer092709
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 pm

very cool congrats to both of you. Thats a memory that will last a lifetime for both of you
Back to top Go down
twodog

twodog

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:37 pm

https://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/dmtyra86/?action=view¤t=Video-0018.flv

CJ is 14, he stands 6'4" without shoes on. So he makes the doe look smaller than what she is LOL.
The video is just from my cell phone, but I love it, listen to what he says right at the end.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Congrats again man.. thats a really nice doe for the youngster.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Congrats CJ, nice doe

the video didnt work ill see what i can do to get it working for ya
Back to top Go down
brian88

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:09 pm

so did he get one!?

binocular harness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Youth hunters first day   Youth hunters first day Empty

Back to top Go down

Youth hunters first day
Page 1 of 1