Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Rage Broadhead Experiment

Go down 
+3
mathewsguy
Joe
OutdoorEaly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

Rage Broadhead Experiment Empty
PostSubject: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:56 pm

So I stopped in my local archery shop yesterday to have a couple or arrows refletched and the dealer started talking about Rage broadheads and how impressed he was about them. I explained that I had heard the exact same thing and that my only concern was shooting them thru mesh windows of a groundblind. He proceeded to explain that he had tested the rage by shooting them with the blades open and had found them to be just as accurate with the blades closed. Therefore insinuating that who cares if they open.

I of course did not witness the experiment myself, therefore I cannot provide absolute certainty of its truth. Just found it to be interesting and thought I would share.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 2:58 pm

That is interesting. I am not sure, never tried it. However, I would think the opening of the blade would somehow affect the flight. I could be wrong but thats what I would think. If it didn't then why in the world would Rage put the O ring on in the first place???
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm

I think I would go out in the lawn and shoot them out of the blind myself a few times to see what would happen.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:54 pm

mathewsguy wrote:
I think I would go out in the lawn and shoot them out of the blind myself a few times to see what would happen.

X2.... I have had negative results shooting through mesh with mechanical broadheads before. A couple of people told me it was fine so I did. Out of probablly 8 shots atleast 3 were affected by the mesh.
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:53 pm

I got out in front of the rain this evening and took a few shots. The arrows grouped ok but I didnt have lumenocks on to see how the arrow flight was.

The concern that I do have still is that the blades looked to have torn more of a hole in the mesh. When shooting muzzy's out of the blind it is almost impossible to find the hole. They cut so fine. If I could find a fixed blade model that gave adequate blood trails on the ground and flew well I would buy em.

If I'm gonna lose sleep at least it's about something important. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Brandon

Brandon

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks for letting us know how it went.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Through mesh in a ground blind window, I use fixed blade broadheads and feathers. The feathers are way more forgiving going through the material. Blazers with a tall profile do not work well shooting through mesh either. Unless the mechanical broadheads have a cut on contact tip and take good pressure to open, I would never use them through mesh. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Grunt and Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:25 pm

I had a Rage open up in flight and that arrow still might be going!! Never did find it. Not sure if you open them up and then shoot them how they would do but I shot this on and it must have hit a twig or something and the thing took off. I personally am not a fan of the mesh. I just do not trust it. To each his own though. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage Broadhead Experiment   Rage Broadhead Experiment Empty

Back to top Go down

Rage Broadhead Experiment
Page 1 of 1