Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Back at it but not without question

Go down 
+5
The Guide
Dave
TheRomer
Camoed Assassin
FNGfromWV
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FNGfromWV

FNGfromWV

Back at it but not without question Empty
PostSubject: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Its been almost a month since our 1 week of early season here in WV and finally the season starts Saturday. I do have a concern and was hoping you guys could help me out. It has been raining here for 2 days now and is supposed to continue through the weekend. This is my first year hunting so I dont know how true it is when people say that deer dont move much when its raining. I was hoping to hear everybodys point of view on this.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 8:35 pm

A light rain doesn't affect them much. I have seen alot of deer in a light rain. You want to be in the woods if theres a break in the rain to. With the cool temps I would tough it out and be in a tree this weekend. They are starting to move, been seeing deer all over while driving. Good luck..
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Dont let the rain stop ya
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:42 pm

You can't kill a deer sitting at home... As long as it is not a steady downpour, I'd be out in it.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Yeah man if you can take some rain get out there. I have killed deer from a light mist to a heavy down pour. Like CA said if it stops or even slows down they will be on the move hitting the food sources. In your case they should be in those fields. You never know, that is why if you can take be there. Good luck and call me this weekend and let me know what was going on.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:23 am

I don't mind a lite rain,Don't think the deer do either.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:51 am

Besides a snow, my most preferred weather condition is a light rain. Don't let it slow ya down!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:55 pm

As long is it is not windy or rainy cats and dogs, you should still be ok. A heavy wind or heavy rain really kills the deer movement, as they find somewhere safe to hunker down...
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Im with the rest of the guys. I dont mind hunting in the rain. As long as its not a down pour.
Back to top Go down
FNGfromWV

FNGfromWV

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks everybody for the help. I saw alot of deer moving out and about while driving home tonight, so I am looking forward to being in the woods in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back at it but not without question   Back at it but not without question Empty

Back to top Go down

Back at it but not without question
Page 1 of 1