Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Good Night in the woods!

Go down 
+9
The Guide
Early Morning Gobble
shehuntsva
Robert
volway
TheRomer
Dave
Camoed Assassin
MOOSE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MOOSE

MOOSE

Good Night in the woods! Empty
PostSubject: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm

I had one of the more eventful hunts of my short hunting career this evening. It started out fairly slow then I saw a 2 does feeding in my neighbors food plot (story of my life lol). About 5 minutes after they walk back into the pines, I see some movement to the right of where they were at. Then all the sudden I see a big rack raise up! I got out my grunt call and grunted at him and gave him some snort wheezes. He possibly didnt hear them due to the heavy traffic on the nearby road, but he calmly went back in the pines after a few minutes. It was the biggest deer I have ever that I got a good look at. I would estimate him in the 140's or better. After that I didnt see a thing. THEN, when I hooked my bow up to my tote rope I hear one coming. It was too dark to see it then when it gets 30 yards right in front of my stand, I see that same rack! But it was way too dark to shoot... Only if it was 10 minutes earlier I would have been field dressing him right now lol. I'll get a shot at him next time though!
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Getting to see a big deer is a good night. Shooting a big buck is a great night. Hope you get that great night soon. Good luck with him.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Good deal Moose.... I hope you get a crack at him!
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 pm

you know is there.now it is just a matter of time,good luck
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:09 am

Now you know where he his
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 am

Glad you got to see a good buck. THe rut is coming and he'll get more careless
Back to top Go down
shehuntsva

shehuntsva

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:15 am

That's awesome...hope you get a crack at him next time!
Back to top Go down
Early Morning Gobble

Early Morning Gobble

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:58 am

Good Luck with him...he would look nice on our score card
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Good luck with him and keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Darius

Darius

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Little more time and patience he will be on your wall. Hope you get to nail him.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 am

Hope you get a shot at him Moose.
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:59 am

Your on the trail, good luck!
Back to top Go down
OutdoorEaly

OutdoorEaly

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:28 am

The biggest buck you have ever seen on the hoof?

You left out the part where you shook so bad you almost puked. Thats always my favorite part. Adrenaline overload. Anyone who questions why we do what we do only has to watch the emotion involved in simply witnessing a beautiful animal up close like you did that night to understand.

Be patient and get a little agressive this week. Hope you get a chance to draw on him soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Night in the woods!   Good Night in the woods! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Night in the woods!
Page 1 of 1