Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

what rut is going on in your woods???

Go down 
+3
volway
Camoed Assassin
whitetail fanatic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
whitetail fanatic

what rut is going on in your woods??? Empty
PostSubject: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 pm

I live down in Central Arkansas and every year the rut kicks in pretty good around thanksgiving... In my field and stream they talk big time about today... nov. 12th. But today, there is not a lot of movement where i am.
so i want to know what has everybody else been seeing.
and please let me know what part of the country you are in too.
scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Seems to be spotty here in Md. It's usually like this here, when you think it's getting ready to break loose nothing happens for a few days. There are tons of does here so they don't have to look to far and there's not to much competition until later when there isa only a few does left unbred.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Not alot happening on our Ky farms either,Was up this evening,Had 7 does out feeding in the cut corn and not one buck out there chasing them.Can't really figure out whats going on just yet. I know the warm temps has something to with.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah CA is right here in MD the best time to hunt the rut is around Thanksgiving as well. Our buck to doe ratio is WAY out of wack at I would guess at least 10 does to 1 buck. It is very tough until the big boys start cruising looking for them last available does. This all happens the same time our gun season comes in and that can make it tough as well. That is when we like to have a little trigger management and try not to shoot up the woods to much and make most of the bucks go nocturnal. All in all it can be tough here.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 7:04 pm

from no sign last weekend to finding a solid scrape line this weekend, and a couple of really fresh rubs. so i am excited, but as i have posted before... the woods here will be absolutley packed. so while i am excited and feel pretty confident, i also feel a little discouraged by the pressure and the recent discover of some guys running there four wheelers and tractors through my little food plot. i got pics of these guys with my trail cam, actually checking out my feeder...
but back to the topic... it does look llike there will be some activity soon.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 pm

saw a 150 class buck chaseing a doe hard tonite cheers
Back to top Go down
PSE32

PSE32

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Up here in south central MO the bucks are wore out from chasing! The rut is about to be winding down
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 9:44 pm

Chasing pretty good here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what rut is going on in your woods???   what rut is going on in your woods??? Empty

Back to top Go down

what rut is going on in your woods???
Page 1 of 1