Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

My Big Oaks Buck

Go down 
+9
mathewsguy
oregonzach
TheRomer
Glenn
Robert
volway
Jody
Camoed Assassin
Dave
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Well here he is... The buck I shot monday evening with a special military draw firearms tag. He is not a monster by any means, but I am happy with him. He is my first firearms buck ever and I got him with my Mossberg 500. Took one shot with the Winchester XP3 slug. He was at about 45 yards and he never took a step after I pulled the trigger. He was coming in on the estrus drag line I put down.

A big thanks to owner Robert who encouraged me to sign up for the hunt and also gave me a lot of information in preperation for the trip. There are a lot of specifics since it is an old military area. Robert was always eager to lend a hand and he information was extremely valuable.

Another huge thanks to Jack Davis. Without him I think my wife would have been a widow because I would have been the one taking a dirt nap if I had to drag him out by myself. We dragged him close to a mile through some of the thickest, narliest, chest high grass I have ever seen. Not to mention we had climbers and backpacks too. (When we got there I noticed everyone had deer carts in their truck... I was like, Man up and drag it the old fashion way. Now I know why they had one. HAHA.) I owe Jack a HUGE THANK YOU!

We sat for 12 hours on both days. It was along two days. I still hope to take another buck with my archery tag. Like I said, he is not a biggie, but you just never know what you will see hunting a public area like thatm and if I did not shoot him chances are the next guy would have. I am glad I did too, since Jack and I did not see any deer on day two.

Sorry about the crummy pics, but I was in a hurry in the field and was not able to get any until I had him hung at my buddies house. Also had taken the battery out of the camera and never reset the date when I put it back in...

Here is my first Indiana firearms buck. An 8 pointer:My Big Oaks Buck 001

My Big Oaks Buck 002
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Congrats Dave, it sounds like you guys had a blast.
Back to top Go down
Jody

Jody

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Sweet Dave!! That is awesome. Sounds like you had a blast and that is the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 am

Sounds like you guys had fun,Congrats buddy
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 am

Good looking deer Dave. COngrats on a successful hunt and a good time. I know I'll be down there on my draw in about 8 days.
Back to top Go down
Glenn

Glenn

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:35 am

Hey Dave , that's a fine lookin buck , Congrates
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:40 am

Nice Buck Dave cheers Congrats
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:38 am

Nice job Dave, congratulations! Any time you get a bonus buck like that it's pretty sweet! Sounds like you really worked hard for him, I'm happy for you man!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 am

congrats buddy nothing wrong with that
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 10:34 pm

Congrats. Glad to here you guys had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 am

Congrats on the buck.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tine

Tall Tine

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Congrats dave!!
Back to top Go down
littleslink

littleslink

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Good work Dave. Congrats...
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks guys... I am trying to do a Euro Mount of it, since I think the dark antlers will look cool with the white skull. Not really sure how good it will turn out. I'll let you know though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Big Oaks Buck Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Big Oaks Buck   My Big Oaks Buck Empty

Back to top Go down

My Big Oaks Buck
Page 1 of 1