Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Back from Illinois

Go down 
+5
volway
The Guide
Dave
Camoed Assassin
littleslink
9 posters
AuthorMessage
littleslink

littleslink

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:43 pm

I've been back for a few days now, but I've been busy catching up on everything I missed last week. Anyhow, I was not able to connect on any deer. I saw one nice buck but could not get a shot at him. With all of the standing corn and the full moon, there was not much deer movement. I swear those things have a deer city in that corn. They go in that stuff and don't come out for days. I was also kind of disappointed with the lack of response I was getting to rattling and grunting. I couldn't call a deer in to save my life. I did see a lot of young bucks as well as doe, and had a great time.

I hope for the sake of all you midwest guys that the farmers get that corn in and the rut comes in so that you can put some big gucks down.

And I still have an unused Illinois buck tag if anyone has a buck they need rid of, I could probably make it back out there...
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Sorry to hear you didnt smoke nothing out on your trip. Sounds like with the corn and moon the cards might not have been in your favor. Good luck with the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:52 pm

That is too bad. I was hoping you would shoot a monster.... It's all part of hunting though. Maybe you will get another chance.... that would be great.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Man that sucks. But it is like Dave said it is all a part of hunting. Good luck with the rest of your PA season and maybe you will connect next time you head out.
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah that standing corn really SUCKS
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 8:49 am

WIsh you woulda nailed one man...
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 9:02 am

Good luck the next time you head out
Back to top Go down
Mark

Mark

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:55 pm

I've been to IL, twice no shots...... guess thats hunting

Publications Director

Moultrie Pro Staff

Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record Buck Program

Antlertalk.com -------- http://antlertalk.com/forums/index.htm
Back to top Go down
Crimedog40

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:26 pm

what part of il di u hunt?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Illinois   Back from Illinois Empty

Back to top Go down

Back from Illinois
Page 1 of 1