Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

What's new for next season?

Go down 
+6
The Guide
Camoed Assassin
wacker
Dave
mathewsguy
Huntjunkie2010
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Huntjunkie2010

Huntjunkie2010

What's new for next season? Empty
PostSubject: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 am

Just putting It out there, what have we learned from our last season's that we want to improve on next archery season, Any ideas and learning experiances that we would change for the better? thanx
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 am

I figured out when the snow hit the ground I had been missing alot of my deer because they had been going around me into a open pasture. I did not figure they would do that I figured they would stay in the woods. I could not see in the pasture from my stand it was just over the break of the hill so next year my stand will be on the fenceline so I can cover the woods and the pasture. Little things like that. I also learned alot trying to film hunts this year. We had alot of fun doing it but made alot of mistakes like forgetting film for the camera, leaving camera arm in the truck. Position of the stands when trying to film. This year should be alot better.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:19 am

Welcome to the site also.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 am

Welcome to the site.... I guess what I learned from last year is give the deer more time after the shot, even if you make what you thought was a good hit. I shot a deer last year and gave it some time but when I started tracking it, I know I klicked it up a short while later and then the blood just stopped. Worst feeling for a hunter when they loose a deer like that. So I guess what I have to take away from last season is unless you see it go down within sight... give it time to expire.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:30 am

Mine would be to MAKE SURE your arrow will clear the deadfall a few feet in front of you. Sad Man I really choked on that one but I thought I had it cleared.

Besides that I never did locate a shooter before season last year. That could use some improving.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am

Don't put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to hunting properties. You never know when you'll have to find another place to hunt and if your not out trying to find new places every year you might get caught with your pants down.......with no place to hunt.
Back to top Go down
Huntjunkie2010

Huntjunkie2010

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 am

Very good point, I have definitley been through some of those issues and it's amazing how much we learn and change and try certain game plans to accomplish our goals, points well taken and thank's, we can throw around some more ideas as we go....... Cool
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Yeah CA is dead on the money. I was going to say the same thing. The worst part about it is it has to do with my own family farm. I don't want to get into it but lets just say we both do not understand what has happened. I am just gald that I have a good friend who understands and we will find a new property some where and some how.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Dave wrote:
Welcome to the site.... I guess what I learned from last year is give the deer more time after the shot, even if you make what you thought was a good hit. I shot a deer last year and gave it some time but when I started tracking it, I know I klicked it up a short while later and then the blood just stopped. Worst feeling for a hunter when they loose a deer like that. So I guess what I have to take away from last season is unless you see it go down within sight... give it time to expire.

X2 I agree with Dave. Last deer seas i arrowed a buck about 20 yards. watched it fall and lay out, no movement at all. I walked up to him and he jumped up, went about 30 more yards and fell again but this time i gave him an hour.
Back to top Go down
Huntjunkie2010

Huntjunkie2010

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Two seasons past I arrowed a huge doe on this property, they wanted herd control and the animal was hit a little further back than i would like and after the shot it took about 15- 20min. for it to get to a 100 yd patch of woods, I got down from my stand about 1 hr later and saw the deer on it's side all piled up, So I thought and the deer jumped up as soon as it winded me and ran off, I totally backed off and found it the next day 250 yds away!!! Livin an learnin, we hope!!! No
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Camoed Assassin wrote:
Don't put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to hunting properties. You never know when you'll have to find another place to hunt and if your not out trying to find new places every year you might get caught with your pants down.......with no place to hunt.

X2
Planned on hunting three different public areas up here because I wasn't going to be able to hunt very much down south where my camp is due to career change coupled with a million other things. Well, all of the properties were in the same flood prone region. You can guess what happened from here. Every single one closed due to flooding right before season, and they all remained that way throughout the entire season. Mad Think if I'm not going to have much time to get down south again this coming season again I'm going to find higher ground to scout. Sad
Back to top Go down
BOHO

BOHO

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 am

I did shoot a buck that didnt meet our requirements. Crying or Very sad I am shooting P&Y bucks only from now on. I'm gonna spend more time away from food sources where does and little bucks spend most of their time and try for some big boys.
Back to top Go down
MJewell

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

I changed both sights and rests on both of my hunting bows this spring and might make the switch back to Fobs for my Reezen not sure yet as my new 3" Fusions are flying really well right now.

Matt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new for next season?   What's new for next season? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new for next season?
Page 1 of 1