Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Strutting gobbler

Go down 
+5
TheRomer
Dave
oregonzach
Blazin
mathewsguy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:04 am

I took the kids to school this morning and in the big field that borders our property there was a nice long beard out there strutting. There where around 6 birds total could not tell what the others where they around 200 yards away going to try and film them or get a few pics. He is close enough to our property I think with one of Darins calls I will be able to call him up this year when season starts. As far as I know there are not any other turkey hunters that hunt this property
Back to top Go down
Blazin

Blazin

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:30 am

The birds are startin here already too, it been the same for a few years... by the time season opens them boyz are henned up real hard.

Good luck gettin em in May 1st at any rate!!!
Back to top Go down
oregonzach

oregonzach

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am

Thats awesome, I haven't seen any strutters yet, but its a comin!
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 am

I grabbed the video cam and tried to get back down there but they where already gone out of the field.
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Nice spot... bet he got the blood pumping.
Back to top Go down
mathewsguy

mathewsguy

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Oh ya he did when I first saw him I thought he was a bear looked like a 55 gallon drum up there strutting around. Man may 1st cant come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
TheRomer

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Well atleast you got to see them before they headed back in the woods, had to get ya all fired up
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Cool. My comute lately has been nothing scenic, just city driving. No turkey sightings for me.
Back to top Go down
30pointbuck

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Cool Buddy.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Volway

Mrs Volway

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 pm

I saw about 50 birds yesterday with several strutted up in the middle of them in a field. Too far away to tell how many there were strutted, but at least 3. Volway has some on film already strutting, showing the jakes whose boss.
Back to top Go down
The Guide

The Guide

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah just seen a group of 12 - 15 with one strutter for sure in the group. Its almost time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strutting gobbler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strutting gobbler   Strutting gobbler Empty

Back to top Go down

Strutting gobbler
Page 1 of 1