Whitetail Affliction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Whitetail Affliction

The Whitetail Affliction Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation

Website Home

Similar topics
Lacrosse footwear
Photobucket
Carbon Express
Photobucket
Black Gold Sights
Photobucket
Nimrod Packs
Photobucket
SKB Bow and Gun Cases
Photobucket
Bohning Archery
Photobucket
G5 Broadheads
Photobucket
Scent Blocker
Photobucket

Fun Shooter Buck Poll...

Go down 
+5
Rev. Juan
Cornfed
volway
Camoed Assassin
Dave
9 posters

What Consitutes A shooter buck in your eyes?
A. Its brown, its down... You cant eat the horns!
Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_lcap13%Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
B. Anything bigger than a spike.
Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_lcap0%Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
C. Anything bigger than I previous shot.
Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_lcap6%Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
D. Depends how many days are left in the season.
 0% [ 0 ]
E. I have an idea of how big of buck I wanna shoot, but then once something with a "decent" rack walks within range an arrow is flyin!
Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_lcap50%Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
F. I only shoot Pope and Young class Bucks.
Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_lcap31%Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
G. I am holding out for the new State Record.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Empty
PostSubject: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Join in the fun and take my "Shooter Buck" Poll.
Back to top Go down
Camoed Assassin

Camoed Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:23 am

As for bucks I like to shoot bucks 3 1/2 years old or older. So I'd say I would hold out for something around pope. But as for does, if it's brown it's down!
Back to top Go down
volway

volway

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:38 am

Camoed Assassin wrote:
As for bucks I like to shoot bucks 3 1/2 years old or older. So I'd say I would hold out for something around pope. But as for does, if it's brown it's down!

EXACTLY Don,I look for those mature bucks!!
Back to top Go down
Cornfed

Cornfed

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:47 am

I absolutely have NO interest what-so-ever in shooting a buck less that P&Y class and in fact, I'm shopping more specifically for a 150+ class animal.... until another come by my stand... I'll be content on helping others, especially my sons, tag some bucks for themselves and get off to a good start.
Back to top Go down
Rev. Juan

Rev. Juan

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I love eating deer so I'm not picky. I sure would love to shoot something bigger that a 6pt.
Back to top Go down
cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Start after one buck in particular, but I always find one that I can't pass on.
Back to top Go down
whitetail fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:40 am

man! i wish i could be more picky, but some of the places i hunt, if you dont shoot it the guy down the train sure will. Watched a nice young seven point walk last year, he must have known i wasnt gonna shoot he just hung out with me for almost an hour. he walks through the woods and 30 mins later i hear a shot through the woods, go back to camp and young bucky jr. is hanging on the rack...
Back to top Go down
Robert

Robert

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Some places I hunt have their own guidelines that I follow but as a general rule on any land, I'm looking for 130 and up. The only time that isn't in affect is on the public land draw hunts where they are thining the herd and then I'll shoot something smaller but not to much. I'd rather shoot a doe then a small one but that is merely my standard and I know a lot of folks in some area's will go the year without seeing a buck 130 or bigger. I've been hunting for 29 years now and just like the challange of waiting on something a little older and bigger. Plus I don't really mind eating a tag if I need to either. I have a blast shooting doe and they fill the freezer for me and the folks I give meat too. Put down 4 or 5 doe a year and that's a good bit of fun as well
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:23 pm

I hold out for something older and bigger also. If I'm going to end my buck hunting for the year I like to make sure it's one worth shooting. I like to say P&Y or better but sometimes it falls a couple inches short. If you set the bar to high round here you may end up waiting a long long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun Shooter Buck Poll...   Fun Shooter Buck Poll... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun Shooter Buck Poll...
Page 1 of 1